Lyrics Competition 2011: REBOOT!

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Dusty, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Congrats Anne!

2. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Yeah, I remember Dean saying his was really hard, haha.

At least my theme was in the top 2. Damn fine job, Dustin.

3. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Congrats to the winners and good job Dustin for organizing this!

4. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Thanks for hosting Dustin!

5. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

No problem, I really enjoyed it! I hope to do another contest in the near future. :)

6. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

My theme could've been harder, it was originally going to be John Donne and e20. It'll sound like sour grapes at this point but I seriously was entering mostly just to give someone else a stupidly hard theme, but my mercy got the best of me I guess. I'll write it myself to show it can be done.

7. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Good job, and congratulations! Puresque (Anne) for 1st place! and Dustin for 2nd! . Congrats also go out to Hybrid for 3rd! And Everyone who participated and vote!

Also, Congrats again to Dustin for hosting, I know I can be a little... cynical and hard headed but you did a great job and I look forward to next time!

----
    Now, I am definitely surprised I made tie with 3rd. I think this is actually the 3rd time I've come in third (and I think they've all been on LPA but I may be mistaken), but it's awesome and I thank you all for voting for me.

My original theme that I sent Minus was a bit (a lot) dumb, and then I revised it and made it dumber! And then I changed it again and it was a bit toned down. I originally planned to go the same route as Dean in the beginning. Make a theme so hard that it'd be almost impossible to write.
    ---
    So here are my theme ideas in chronological order. Just to give an idea of how stupid my initial ideas were.

Original Theme: The world is now full of zombies, the only survivors left unaffected are those who are current members of LPA, except all admins but one. The brink of digital society is near collapse, it is the mission of the lone admin to gather members of the LPA to put together a zombie defense force and to reestablish all that was once pure and hearty or else, they may or may not succeed.

Revision: The digital world's landscape has become dire. Websites are shutting down by the second. Not only that, the users have become infected by some physiological hypnosis which turns them into internet zombies (trolls.) Somehow, by pure coincidence or sheer magic, non of the members of the LPA forum have been affected. Whilst the brink of digital society collapse is nigh, a lone Admin has fallen victim to this mysterious plague. And he/she hopes to infect all those remaining. It is up to the remaining admins to put together a task force to rid of the brainless zombie trolls and to prevent them from spreading. Will the LPA reestablish all that was once pure and renew digital peace or will they fail and fall victim to the enemy?

Changed theme: A Disney Style Zombie Musical (but I forgotten to mention it was suppose to be a love story)

And then my final idea was

Life as an immortal jellyfish.

---
    Anyway congrats to Anne and everyone again!
    and thank you

--

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  8. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Yay, thank you :D Didn't expect that, haha.

9. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Well congrats to the winners. I'm afraid of what my new name is going to be. :lol:

10. Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Fourth? Way better than expected, I expected mine to just alienate people with how dark it was considering how light hearted the theme was.

11. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The contest was fun! I'm glad to have submitted the winning theme and placing in the top 3(4). Good stuff.

12. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Yes, I had a lot of fun hosting it. Next, comes the reading of Anne's entry by Joe. :awesome:

13. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Cockney or Riot.

14. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Watch the news bro, they're hardly mutually exclusive

15. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Congrats Anne! I voted your one the best. :)

Well done everyone!