Lyrics in CD jacket. Full of mistakes.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by chair, May 13, 2007.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The lyrics are submitted to the label sometimes before the album is finished being recorded so they can print out the lyric booklets and have everything ready to go. So a lot of times, you'll notice incorrect lyrics in many album booklets. That could be why a lot of bands just leave them out.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

For you who belive it is "Face it, Hypocrite" in No More Sorrow, it's not. Listen to the part where you think he says "Face it" it ends with a "ssss" sound like in "Theives".

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Yeah, it's "thieves and hypocrites." On azlyrics.com, they have "face it, hyprocrite" and i sent a thing a week or so ago to correct it..hmm

lprox

lprox Member

but i thought it LP themselves create the album jacket. don't they? it wud be just dumb if they write their own lyrics wrong.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I think you would be hard pressed to find many album booklets with the entire lyrics being correct. It would be one of those moments during recording where they all thought "ok, maybe this sounds better". It's something so minor but I guess it involves LP and M2M so it belongs on this forum lol