M t M Sales...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by arbaks, Apr 5, 2007.

Misi

Misi Well-Known Member

4-5 milion by the end of this year

Sp@rrow

Sp@rrow New Member

I really hope LP surpases the success of Meteora...simply because I believe this album will determine LP's future successes.....this is the break-out album they beleive they have always wanted to be associated with...lets hope the rest of the world agrees with them!

Zerstöööören

Zerstöööören Banned

Nope, HB was their break-through album ;) 10 million sold copies under 2000 ;)

MooMoozer

MooMoozer Well-Known Member

I expect it to do amazingly well probably what some of you people are saying maybe better. we'll see though...

I can't wait.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Within 2-4 years time, Minutes To Midnight will surpass Meteora's sales. It does afterall take time for people to buy the album; usually what makes new fans want to buy the album is the release of singles that they really like and it will take time to do that.

Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

Agreed on that...

The thing is that everybody can just easily download their whole album by Lime Wire now, so what would be the point to buy the CD when you could get it free?...

I think this record is going to have bigger sales internationally than in USA. After all, Linkin Park is pretty much the best known band in Asia, Europe and South America.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Especially in Asia, probably because 2 of their members are proudly asian. :lol:

Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

Japan is the "bingo" country for LP...
    so yup... :lol:

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

Hmm some people in the Interactive Games Design course spread a rumour that MTM was on sale in the UK now... I am never letting my boyfriend off the fact that he dragged me into HMV to see how much it would cost, when he knows I am upto date on everythign LP related at any moment in time :p

lp_croatia

lp_croatia Member

I think that old style of linkin park music was much better than new one.:blink:

marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

I wouldn't judge before I heard the whole thing.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will sell enough that they'll be doing alright and decide to make a fourth one...lol It seems like M2M is achieving a pop like sucess already and it's not even released yet. Arleady # 1 on TRL.

I say it has the potential to sell 4 to 5 million in the US and ten million worldwide by two years, but it depends on how much they tour and everything else.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

with their new sound coming throughit is expected fans will be lost...and fans gained.it is hard to see M2M eclipsing HT in sales...i just think there are to many unsure heads atm about their new found sound.give the M2M sales time as it has to adjust for the shift in their fanbase.i do think it will sit pretty somewhere in between their 2 previous albums.i will be buying it asap myself...i will die an LP fan lol

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I agree with marijaLPnarkos and I think we should await the whole album to see how many copies M2M could sell. The three released songs are for the moment very eclectic so we could be surprised by the rest of the album.

lp_croatia

lp_croatia Member

There is no screaming and mixing like before, this album is kind of silent, I hope this is not going to continue.

imwhoim01

imwhoim01 Active Member

I'm hoping they will reach Diamond, but it wouldn't surprise if it they don't with this album... I'm just not sure how many people will enjoy the new sound:sleep:

What do you mean there's no screaming? Have you heard Given Up or No More Sorrow? Personally I like the "new" LP sound, it sound much more mature than HT or Meteora but yeah, we'll have to listen to the entire album first...

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

have you not heard given up yet?:blink:

lp_croatia

lp_croatia Member

I haven't heard whole "given up". I said there is no screaming like BEFORE, i haven't heard whole album but i heard "what i've done". 10 more days and then will see.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

This album will lose the fans who will dearly miss the constant heavy tracks that LP are well known for. But, it will gain even more fans that may have not been fans of Hybrid Theory or Meteora.

I've already allowed 3 or 4 friends to listen to some of the songs on this album and they love it.

I am estimating that within 2-3 years, this album will sell around 8-10 million copies.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I'm dropping the floor at touch and saying 3 to 5 million now that I've heard it. Some people just might not get it.