Magic?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Matt, Oct 27, 2006.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I've been getting really into magic lately, and I was wondering if anyone else does magic, whether you're the kind of person with just a few card tricks to entertain friends, an I-Wanna-Be-The-Next-Criss-Angel, or just like magic. What's your style? Favorite tricks? Anything relating to magic goes, I guess.

I got into magic a long time ago as a little kid, but it was mostly just cheap stage magic. Around the middle of the summer, I got into street magic, and lately I've been gaining a reputation. I like mostly card magic and mentalism, kinda like the stuff David Blaine does. I guess I'm getting pretty good, judging by the fact that I've been called Devil Kid, David Blaine Junior, Criss Angel the Second, and "HOLY $%#^&!", among other things.

As for tricks, my signature trick would be one I call Stigmata (It's named after a trick with the same effect, but has a different method). A spectator picks a card, tells me where they want me to go, somewhere I can't see anything they do when they shuffle the cards. I come back, and tell them to forget the deck and just squeeze my arm and think of their card. When they release, the finger marks they leave fade, then come back as the name of their card.

Ah, I almost forgot. EXPOSURE: For anyone wanting to learn a trick from myself or another person, please discuss it in a PM. I don't want things leaking all over the place and for it to be my fault.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow that's a bit freaky.

As in how did you get to know how to do these?

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I can disappear. Hey, look over there! *runs away*

:ph34r:

whoneedssubtext?

whoneedssubtext? gggg-uNOT

I love Magic cards.
    I have a 9th edition Caves of Koilos

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Lmfao. lame.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

Internet, of course. There are tons of sites that have simpler tricks, and then there are torrents all over the place for the really good stuff.

As for that arm effect, you could say I made it up. I'm not sure if it's a completely different method from the original trick, but it sure as hell works.

whoneedssubtext?

whoneedssubtext? gggg-uNOT

I was just joking guys. . I don't play Magic: The Gathering cards.

Yeah, they'll believe that.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I've been in and out of magic for the last 7 or so years. Grand illusions to close up..I'm into pretty much everything. I'm more into theory than actually trying to do them, I couldnt stand to be known as 'the magic' guy, but I do know a fair bit about magic, the history, the people and the secrets.