Major iPod problem

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Creep, Mar 1, 2006.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

I bought an iPod Photo 20gig about six months ago. About one month ago my iPod started being naughty. The click wheel didn't scroll properly. It was behaving as if it could not feel my touch half the time, giving the scrolling effect jerky action. This was fixed with me toggling the hold switch on and off a couple of times. For a couple of weeks it has been good; no problems. The other day I went to scroll with the wheel and recieved nothing. It was as if I wasn't touching the wheel at all. The buttons still function but the wheel does not. Toggling the hold switch makes it work maybe once every twenty toggles. It seems the problem is getting worse, and half the times that it does work after toggling I get very jerky motion out of the wheel. This problem wouldn't be an issue if I still had my iPod warranty, which has managed to disappear as soon as I need it. I would like to explore all options before having to pay to get it repaired because I know it would be costly. Any help would be appreciated.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

big mistake to lose your warrenty.. you have to have a good and safe place to keep all that stuff coz things like this does happen..

i dont think anyone can help you seeming it sounds like a hardware problem.. but i dunno i suggest you not use it at all coz it seems its only gonna get worse

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Reformat it. Install new firmware.

Ipod is a hard drive. It fragments.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Not sure what you meant by lost warranty. You should be able to call up Apple and they can look up the purchase date and see its less than a year old.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

Hey, that's not a bad idea. I had detailed purchase information on a sheet of paper. I kept it in a bag. It remained in this bag for a long time, then when I needed it it disappeared :( These things always happen.

I think this will be the next thing that I will try. Thank you both :)

Amanda.

Amanda. Well-Known Member

Can't you just go on the Apple website and type the serial number in? I did that with my iPod Shuffle and they just sent me a new one in the mail. I had to put my old one in the envelope and it was shipped back to them.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

What was wrong with it? And what'd you tell them?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Has anyone else had the problem of everything but their podcasts disappearing from their iPod, having to set it back to factory settings, and put everything back on it?

I haven't done anything to it. One day I just plugged my iPod in, and iTunes said it can't recognize the iPod, and to set it back to factory settings.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Try reformatting yet?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I set it back to factory settings and put everything back on it a few days after it told me that.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Do what neil sayz it worked 4 me