Mall - First Official Trailer, Directed by Joe Hahn of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Finally got my second view of the trailer (now on my pc instead of my cell).

The trailer is very good imo. Most of the trailers that give away this little usually leave me with a 'meh' but this only leaves me wanting more. For what it does reveal The Mall seems to offer a lot of new stuff that I would like to see. Wouldn't be the first time that people get disappointed by the actual movie after a great trailer though :p

The music accompanies the vid very well (even to the point that one of the actors is headbanging to it in the backseat of that car -joke-). Looking forward to the rest of that song if there is one (there should with that quality).

@ Astat & Joe & Turtleguy: bringing back the goodness in this thread FTW!

2. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

I'm digging this.

To me, this is clearly Mike. Not seeing why there's even a bit of a debate going on as to whether it is him or not :)

Oh and though 99% of the time, a song used in a film's trailer won't make it into the movie (or its accompanying soundtrack), it would be really bizarre for them to highlight Linkin Park in such a way in the trailer, only for it to be a random song.

Oh and keep in mind, most of the movie trailers we see are put together by marketing teams who have nothing to do with the movie itself. Being a smaller, indie passion project for Joe, I'd say he would have been involved with the creation of this.

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, the reason I wasn't 100% convinced was because we've heard him do falsetto but not like that :lol:

Yeah, that's true.

4. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I love Vincent D'Onofrio. Can't wait to see this.

5. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

I laughed. Not that I have anything against Blake, but he's really active in this thread (which is great, the forum is way more active that way). :D

Anyway, the song truly sounds great. Looking forward to OST for Mall now, too.

6. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Yeah I got nothing against ya Blake..

Other than the fact you're an OKC fan.. u douchebag.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  7. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

He meant GAG, not gay!!! Silly typo.....still a douchebag tho, lol.

8. minuteforce

Cool it with the homophobic slurs. They're not allowed on this board.

9. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

My bad, just edited it out.

10. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Okay, going through some channels I was able to find out a few things. As you guys know, I can't always name drop where I get info from, but I'd hope you'd trust me as being legit with all of you..and just know this info comes from a very reliable source. I'm not someone who just makes up news for sport and I'd never steer you wrong.

Firstly, despite the leaked trailer and that Amazon page, there are no solid plans for a release of mall. Joe's actively trying but it could be months or even years before we actually see the movie depending on how things happen. Which makes sense, because releasing the OST and movie right around THP, when the sound of the music differs from the album, would've made no sense. So that 6/18 release date on Amazon is now definitely questionable. Yes, we have names for the international release in France, and footage of it...but there's no promises it'll be out this year. Could be, but nothing is solid.

Secondly, the track in question is indeed Mike singing (confirmed) but it is NOT a song on THP. That's all I could find out. You're welcome.

12. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Great Derek!

Much Clarity! So legit! :doge:

13. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I've got to be honest guys.

I was so focused on what's shown in the trailer that I didn't even notice the song. And I've seen it twice already.

14. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Derek!

This explains the really bad timing I was talking about earlier. Realeasing this now would have made no sense whatsoever, as it would have distracted some from THP, especially those more fond of that musical direction.

Still, now that we have heard this, I'm bummed we won't hear the full song soon. Because it sounds killer.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  15. minuteforce

You're a horrible person.

16. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

Mike Sounds Different !

17. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Thanks for the info! Pity about the Mall being so far away, feels like it's been forever since I first heard about this movie. hopefully it works out for Mr Hahn in the end.

18. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Play nice minuteforce! I agree with The Joesen One! Everyone talking about who singing that they fail to realize that this is Joe's movie!

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I really do hope Joe eventually gets at least a limited theatrical run with this movie. Would suck if he can only do Direct-To-DVD/Blu-Ray. Sure people will still buy it, and based on fan sales alone it'll be deemed a "cult classic" but I kind of want Joe's first full-length movie to be more than that. I always appreciated his work with music videos and The Seed was pretty cool.

20. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Bet it come out next year :(