Man Becomes "Clear" of HIV

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Caitlin, Nov 14, 2005.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

This just in... turns out the man didn't even have HIV in the first place.

--------
    From [a href="http://www.upi.com/ConsumerHealthDaily/view.php?StoryID=20051116-015251-1581r"]Here[/a]

I'll bet like, 30 people will shoot themselves when their hope is smashed.

Neil

I guess this would count as a double post.. sorry, but when I click on the second page, where I posted the article, it brings me to the first page... call this post a test, but I'll delete it when the forums get fixed. Just using this post to double check.

edit -

What the fuck..? I posted a huge article above this, and it didn't show up.. yet it credited me for the most recent post after I did it... Can anyone else see it?

xlp_freak_charlesx

xlp_freak_charlesx Member

That's great news to hear. Maybe we'll find a cure in the future, but I doubt this case will give any great help if the guy keeps refusing tests.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yes it does. Everyone who's got it is either going to die from it, from complications surrounding the disease or from something brought on by the disease. It's an autoimmune defficiency, so even the common cold can kill someone with the disease.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I saw some people on TV who got rid of it. Maybe I saw it wrong.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

You can't get rid of HIV. I doubt this story is true, either. HIV isn't like cancer, it just can't disappear.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

How would a person be able to get rid of the disease? If you think about it, it's an autoimmune defficiency. You need your immune system to help you fight off any disease, even if you have medication. If you have no immune system, or a very weak one, you can't fight the disease nor can you get rid of it.

LProx4life

LProx4life Well-Known Member

I think that some people might have somehow have(or developed)a unique immune system that can actually destroy or get unaffected by HIV and they might never even know it. Its quite possible. Since DNA mutations happen and since they are not all bad this can come to this. You never know

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
    Neil

I hope THIS post works. Cause I posted this 3 days ago and it fucked up.

Source:
    http://www.upi.com/ConsumerHealthDaily/view.php?StoryID=20051116-015251-1581r

Ant

Ant Ambient

Pretty much figured that -- there was no way that could have happened, and him not taking a new test was always sketchy.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

guys...
    people are going to start being irresponsible now...they will think that they can do whatever they want with whoever they want and not worry about the consequences if aids is not a fatal disease...

although it is good for the people that already have it.......

Neil

If you hear of one person 'curing' it (Read my post, he never really had it) and don't consider all the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people who have died from it, you deserve to get it. Common sense - It's how the gene pool filters out idiots of society.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I wouldn't trust that anyway. They can't even spell "probable" correctly... Well, that and it had something to do with The Mirror.

Personally, I don't think they'd pronounce a cure for HIV or AIDS even if they did have one. Think of all the money that goes into finding a cure for it and they still haven't one. Hum, suspicious...

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

anyone seen that nip/tuck episode where they made this guy's cheeks puff up cuz the AIDS medicine that he was taking made them sink in?

sean later on said that he didn't think that what they were doing was right. the guy's excuse for wanting to do it was that he wanted to date again and he wouldn't be able to if it was obvious that he had aids. sean thought that he would now be able to go out and infect anyone because he didn't look infected anymore and wasn't going to say anything.

what if people are really like that?

i heard that knowing that you have aids and knowingly passing it on to your partner without telling them is attempted murder or something like that.