Manson and Ramirez Make Up

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Rachel, Jan 10, 2008.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Sweet Jesus, they're back together.

Jeordie White aka Twiggy Ramirez, who just recently left NIN after Trent Reznor decided to play "Musical Bandmates" again, has rejoined with Marilyn Manson's group of somewhat miscreants.

Also in the mix is Rob Holliday, Ginger Fish and...Chris Vrenna, another ex-NIN member.

Tim Skold has parted amicably from Manson.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Jeordie and Chris thing is a "neener-neener I got your old bandmates" sort of jab?

Oh, apparently Manson's touring again this July and August, thus the reformation of Manson & Ramirez.

Source: here

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Adam 12 (I think that's his stage name) needs to be back in Manson, as far as I'm concerned.

Rachel

lol John 5? yeah he's rad.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Who the hell is Adam 12 then? :lol:

Ant

Ant Ambient

John 5's awesome... I loved loser, his band that was on Island. They had an amazing album that was going to be released, but they got dropped even after the album was finished :( Google them and check out their Myspace -- I think it still has some of their songs.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Trent Reznor completely HATES Chris Vrenna, so I think he could care less about that. Good to see Jeordie back with Manson though.

I think John 5's better off being out of Manson just because he's a far more talented guitarist than Manson's music allows for.

Rachel

No shit.

Reznor pretty much hates ANYONE who has pissed him off. I think he hates Jerome Dillon just a tad bit more than Vrenna though.

Anyways, I never said that Reznor cared. That would mean he thinks Manson is relevant. Which he isn't in the realm of NIN.

Misfit Jay

Misfit Jay I'm down with tippin 40s to your memory. LPA Super Member

Uh...Doesn't John 5 have an album out? I'm pretty sure I have it. The cover had him on it, and the CD was black, red and white, with a giant 5 on it. *searches for the CD to make sure*

Ant

Ant Ambient

That's not what I'm referring to.

Misfit Jay

Misfit Jay I'm down with tippin 40s to your memory. LPA Super Member

Ah. My bad.

Ant

Ant Ambient

It's cool -- if you haven't heard loser I recommend you check them out :) They're gone now, but I still like the music they did.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Meh. Once again, Manson is just gonna form a considerably lesser version of NIN.

Rachel

Don't get me wrong, I like Manson, I just went to the concert with Bleeding Through and Slayer this summer, but...

you should have seen how empty the place was.

He just doesn't pull in the same amount of people as he used to back when him and Trent were friends.

I think Manson just needs to get over himself in many ways, and try and work things out with Trent. Who knows. Maybe we can get another album of stuff produced by Trent, a la Antichrist Superstar.

That's so wishful thinking though.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

http://www.nachtkabarett.com/Grotesque is a site that's pretty much Marilyn Manson based, which goes into the background of some of Manson's songs and the themes of the occult that he draws from. I spent damn near 2 hours last night reading all of this shit, and found out some interesting stuff, like the Holywood album was going to coincide with the release of a fiction book of the same name. The site also has the same backgrounds on other bands songs, like Nine Inch Nails and Coil. Pretty neat shit.

Anyway, Manson is apparently just trying to recapture some of the old magic that he and Twiggy created together. I believe they did both co-write "The Triptych" (AS, HW:ITSOTVOD, MA). So, I can't blame him on that. Chris Vrenna is a good keyboardist, and a decent drummer. I like to think that if Josh Freese was available, that he'd be the drummer for Manson. Hell, he plays in every other band, so why not?

All in all, I don't think it's a jab at Trent. Both of them have moved on, so why can't we? Manson is trying to be the old Manson again, with a good band and live show. There's nothing wrong with that.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

He's a chump for crawling back to manson after years of not being recognised for making the music.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I wasn't aware that Twiggy crawled back to Manson. I mean, I seem to remember Twiggy having an awesome 2005 - 2007. Also, I do believe there are things called liner notes in the album booklets that give credit where credit is due. They state that Twiggy is responsible for Manson's (arguably) biggest hit, "The Beautiful People".

Yes, crawling indeed.

Rachel

You bring up good points, Casey, as always ^_^

Who knows, some could take it as a jab, and others could take it as "Manson wisened the fuck up."

Who knows.

Well, Josh Freese doesn't count because he's not man, he's a robot, and was created by the Gods of Music to help any band or artist that needed help in the area of percussion. That is Josh Freese's life purpose, and he just happened to pro-create. Here's hoping his children become drum prodigies as he is.

I'm going to check out that site though.

EDIT-

Well whaddya know, Meathead made a cartoon about it.

clickyclicky