Marijuana

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by iNuBBiN, Mar 6, 2011.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Do you use it, are you against it, should it be legal, should it not? Your thoughts....

If you are un-sure which to choose I advice everyont to watch this Documentary:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoK6NztH3eQ

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Do I use it? Absolutely not

Will I ever? Absolutely not

Should it be legalized? Actually, yeah I think it should. I'm a firm believer that the amount of people who chose to not smoke pot only because it's illegal is pretty damn small. I'm also a firm believer that there are a good amount of people that do it only because it is illegal. If it became legal, there wouldn't be a significant jump in people using it. Also, it could be controlled by the government. If people are going to make the bad choice of having this drug, we matters well get money off of it. Furthermore, legalizing marijuana will reduce crime rate by ridding the people that sell it illegally.

Oh, and kids, don't do drugs. You couldn't do anything more harmful to yourself.

Dean

Except weed.
    [​IMG]

iNuBBiN

Are you saying by smoking weed, people are doing serious harm to there bodies over cigarettes and alcohol ?

Benjamin

No, I'm saying Cigarettes, Alcohol, Marijuana, Crack, Cocaine, Meth, etc. do serious harm.

iNuBBiN

How does it do harm?

Benjamin

[​IMG]

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

....I'm not sure if you seriously believe cocaine is good for you. So I'm not sure if a serious answer should be given.

Dean

He's asking how weed is harmful.

The answer being that it isn't, at least not as much as anything else listed there.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I have never heard ONCE, about any deaths from smoking weed. It isn't exactly the best for you, but it's certainly not as bad as something such as alcohol. Our country could actually profit if they legalized weed.

Benjamin

See: Gateway Drug.

But yeah, I agree that it should be legalized.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Is there really evidence toward it being a gateway drug? Especially if it is legal?

But either way, this means that "Cannabis may encourage one to use harmful drugs" not "Cannabis is a harmful drug". Which is an important distinction.

Dean

To my knowledge there isn't really any evidence that proves the whole concept of gateway drugs as true. As far as I'm concerned, if you use one thing and then feel the need to move onto something harder, as much as anything it's down to other factors such as the person you are, the lifestyle you lead and the manner in which you use the drugs you're already using, etc.

I don't smoke it that regularly myself but I've used enough and I've never had any real desire to use harder drugs. I can't really think of anything that I'd say against legalising it that doesn't also apply to stuff that's already legal.

Benjamin

Of course it's a gateway drug. I shouldn't have to pull up an article/study to prove it either. Person smokes pot, person enjoys it, person does it more often, person doesn't get as high after smoking after each time, person tries other drugs to get to that same high, person gets addicted, person either dies of overdose or is lucky enough to go into treatment, or person gets arrested for selling/abusing it.

This is what happens to too many damn people that don't pay a second of attention in Health class. Am I really the only one on these boards that doesn't do drugs? Christ.

If poll every cocaine/meth addict, 99% will tell you that they started with weed. Yeah, I guess some people may fight the urge such as yourself, but that's the same thing with cigarettes and cancer. Some people will get lucky.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

So you're agreeing, yet disagreeing? This leaves me confused.

As far as gateway drugs are concerned, that is a theory, not really proven to be true.

Benjamin

Evolution is also a theory.

And I'm saying I'm ok making money off the people who make the choice to use Marijuana rather than maintaining its use as illegal and not making any profit at all.

Dean

Yep, and there's plenty of evidence to say evolution is real, unlike gateway drug theory. Also, http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Benjamin

I'll put it this way: not believing in the gateway concept is just as outrageous as not believing in evolution. I guess that's just me though.

Dean

There's evidence to support evolution. There isn't for the idea of gateway drugs. I don't see how you can equate disbelief in one with disbelief in the other.