Marijuana

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by iNuBBiN, Mar 6, 2011.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Except anyone with half a brain wouldn't use weed as their only medicine. I call BS.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

While it does have medicinal benefits, people who act like it would replace all other medications really are overselling it. I have no issue with it being legal, but I do wish some people didn't seem to be following it almost like a cult.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I've tried various anti-depressants since I was in middle school (graduated in '07), and I can honestly say weed is the only thing that makes me feel remotely normal. When I'm not, I'm grumpy, bi-polar, sad and honestly, lost. Like, I'm not ever really serious on this board, because... I mean, it's a Linkin Park board. But I'm dead serious when I say that this is the best medication for me. For some, pharmaceuticals work, for others, it doesn't, but they just take them anyway, and try to trick their minds into believing it's working.

I'm a card carrying member of NORML. I'm not shy about my usage, everyone in my life, down to my parents, grandparents, co-workers and even my bosses know I smoke (though, I don't flaunt it). I guess I'm one of the few where, in my off time, I'm high, and I'm allowed to be lazy and carefree. I can smoke before I go into work, and get everything done that I'm required and then some, because this job is paying for a roof over my head (where I can smoke pot).

Man, I'd love to smoke with you and your friends. All we ever do is watch Glenn Beck, or Hannah Montana. Also, I think you might be confusing marijuana with, I don't know, LSD or something. You're making it out to sound like this deep, psychological trip into a world where Inception is a reality, when, for me, and basically everyone I know, it just makes them more relaxed and friendly. If I really smoke the fuck out, then I'll start into politics, but I'm the same way with a couple of drinks in me as well. Marijuana isn't an upper, or a downer. It's not a trip, or an experience. It's just... mellow, man.

If it was legalized, it wouldn't be as widespread as you're making it out to be. More than likely, the only thing we'll see in our lifetime is something like medical marijuana being legal, and perhaps most of the 50 states eventually adopting the decriminalization of marijuana. It's still illegal to buy or sell, but anything under an ounce is a slap on the wrist and a fine (like $100 or something). Where as, now, it's a night in jail and a court appearance where you're likely going to see a charge of possession (over an ounce is intent to distribute). With it being decriminalized, there would be less non-violent drug offenders crowding up the space that should be saved for real criminals. Don't get me wrong, though, drug dealers more often than not belong in jail, just because of the methods of their practice. I hate having to have a dealer, it feels disgusting and dirty.

If medicinal was legal across the country, then I would more likely than not be able to get a card so I could smoke it and not face any penalties (for a number of reasons). It's a good idea, yeah, but honestly, I don't see it happening any time soon. Not in my neck of the woods, anyway. Being the bible belt and full of tight ass conservatives.

On the whole "everyone would grow it"... if it was legal, I'm sure the state (or, LOL, the government) would charge you if you wanted to. Yeah, you could do it illegally, but that's stupid when you can do it legally for a fee. Anyway, you would only be allowed so much room to grow, it's not like you'd be able to buy a huge plot of land somewhere and create a magical forest of marijuana.

I get that you like weed, I do too, but you've got to think about this stuff. Oh, and if anything, I bet you would see a slight decline in usage of marijuana in casual smokers, because the stigma of it being a "bad" thing to do would be gone. Your local priest wouldn't be at home smoking a blunt or anything. You have to admit, the only reason anyone ever tries a narcotic is because of the negative social stigma attached. We're all young and impressionable when we try these things, it only makes sense.

Oh, yeah, I'm high. :D

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

The way things are now are they way I think they should be. That being said, I've been around people who smoke weed regularly (more so, every day), and they are honestly some of the stupidest people I've ever been around. They lack some major common sense, it seems. Now, really, how many people that "smoke weed erday" become much of anything? Unless you're a rapper or something.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I can't help but think that people who smoke often (maybe not every day, but still frequently) are probably perfectly successful, but people who seem to center their whole identity around the fact that they use are less likely to be so.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The guy in those pictures for one, funnily enough - Carl Sagan.

Then there's Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Michael Phelps, Richard Branson, Stephen King, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Jobs... I could go on. But hey, I'm sure you're smarter and have achieved a hell of a lot more than these guys. There are plenty of musicians, actors etc that I could mention too, but obviously if you're successful there it doesn't count.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Obama admitted smoking pot? When? Haha.

Dean

I've only read the other autobiography type thing he wrote, but apparently Dreams Of My Father is full of stuff about how he smoked a lot.

Sonic

That's what I was getting at.

Dean

Fair enough. Next time you try to make a point, try a little harder to say what you actually mean.

Sonic

Agreed. I was typing and trying to have a conversation with my mom at the same time. Shit never comes out correctly when distracted.