Marvel Movie Universe: Phase 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ChuckCheese, Jul 15, 2012.

1. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

We'll create a Daredevil thread eventually.

Unless you want to start one right now...

BTW
    Mark Ruffalo reveals Hulk poster.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Here's the new DareDevil poster

[​IMG]

3. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

looking sexii

4. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[​IMG]

5. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

CBM have posted a new article based on information from Latino Review (ugh) which claims Sony and Marvel's new Spider-Man film will indeed be called Spectacular Spider-Man and will feature Iron Man and the Sinister Six in prominent roles. The article also states Sony's previously-planned Spider-Man spinoff films have all been canceled, and that Spectacular Spider-Man will be the first in a trilogy the companies hope to release over three consecutive summers. No actor has been cast at the moment, but the studios hope to cast someone young enough to feature in multiple trilogies akin to Harry Potter. The first film will be directed by Drew Goddard.

So. FUCK. YES.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  6. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man .... after that one fails(let's hope not) we'll get Ultimate Spider-Man?

7. Will

Like a lot of other people I'd had a feeling Marvel/Sony were going to call the film Spectacular Spider-Man, but I'd secretly hoped they'd call it Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. I think that'd've been awesome. The Spider-Man characters from The Amazing Spider-Man and the new films are based on the Ultimate Spider-Man version of the character anyway, as far as I can tell. (Well, the majority of the MCU's based on the Ultimate universe, so it won't be surprising if they continue the trend with the new Spider-Man, at any rate.)

There's lots of speculation as to what Iron Man will do in the new Spider-Man film, since it's claimed he and Spider-Man are going to fight. One of the best theories I've heard's that Iron Man learns about Spider-Man and decides to confront him as a way of testing him to see if he'd be up-to-par for joining the Avengers, but later decides he isn't after he soundly defeats him (because, let's face it, a teenaged Spider-Man isn't going to defeat Iron Man anyway). However, Nick Fury continued to keep an eye on Spider-Man and, after defeating the antagonist of the first film (which will feature the Sinister Six, but I could see the main villain being Vulture or Kraven, since the others have been done already), Nick Fury realizes Spider-Man's potential and invites him to be a member of the Avengers.

Although I'm not sure how this theory will tie into Civil War, or even what Spider-Man's role in that film will be. I still think they had a contingency plan all along to be able to feature Spider-Man in the film without heavy rewrites, but assuming that won't be the case (which, at this point, I doubt it'll be so, which makes me sad), I could see Spider-Man appearing in an extended post-credits scene in after Civil War that sort of tells his origin story in a short film, starting with him being bitten by the spider (going back to his original origin) and eventually becoming Spider-Man after seeing his hero, Captain America, fight against the Superhuman Registration Act during the film itself (which would be an homage to the comics, since Peter idolized Cap in the comics); then, after that sort of mini-montage of Peter being bitten and losing Uncle Ben and becoming Spider-Man, he'll face off against a villain from his own rogues gallery (although admittedly, it'd have to be a small-time villain so as not to detract from the Sinister Six) and defeat him, bringing him to the attention of the Avengers, Nick Fury, and especially, Iron Man, who'll confront him near to the beginning of Spectacular Spider-Man. I think that'd be pretty neat.

Of course, this is all assuming Latino Review's news is true; they're very hit-and-miss, LR.

edit—

I saw someone suggest Sean Bean to cameo as Uncle Ben. I think that's fucking hilarious.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  8. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk

[​IMG]

9. Kevin

Black Widow has had different hair in all the movies she's been in, why did she go back to the Avengers 1 cut for AoU? /random

10. Will

I vaguely recall there being an interview where she discussed her hair but for the life of me I can't remember if it was even a real interview or if I'm imagining it.

11. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

[video=youtube;CJUmSwbZANw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJUmSwbZANw&t=91[/video]

12. Gibs

Iron Man 2 Black Widow = Best Black Widow

13. Will

The Russos revealed they've signed a three-picture contract with Sony, which lines up with the Latino Review report that Sony wants to release three Spider-Man films over three consecutive summers, meaning there's a very good chance the Russos will be involved in some way, whether directing or writing. I hope Drew Goddard's still involved, though; it's been noted that he was merely meeting with execs about directing Spectacular Spider-Man.

If all three men work on the new Spider-Man trilogy I think I'll literally shit my pants.

14. Kevin

Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Trailer 3

[video=youtube;JAUoeqvedMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo[/video]​

Finally, some footage of Vision.
    The amount of bad jokes is too high :lol:

15. Gibs

[​IMG]

16. Will

The. Mother fucking. Vision.

I hope the goofy Banner/Romanoff romance-looking bullshit's caused by the Scarlet Witch's mind-control powers. Because that's a seriously stupid plotline if that's what they're aiming for. Let's just completely ignore everything else about The Incredible Hulk while we're at it. I mean, fuck, they won't even give Hulk a solo movie so why the fuck not? Ugh.

17. Gibs

Eh, The Incredible Hulk is pretty much non-canon at this point anyway. I think the romance will prove to be a very interesting dynamic, considering the fear Romanoff had of him when Banner lost it in the first film.

18. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

The romance between the two was so obvious, I knew it would eventually happen.

19. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

The Vision must be the baller of all ballers because Marvel's butthole is so tight regarding his character. I was surprised they even showed him for 1 second honestly. He must be really special in this movie.

20. Will

I'm alright with Marvel working the Hulk/Black Widow dynamic in any way other than romantically. Did Bruce forget Betty exists? She's the only reason he was able to "tame" himself in The Incredible Hulk. It doesn't make any sense what they're doing with the Hulk.