Marvel Movie Universe: Phase 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ChuckCheese, Jul 15, 2012.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

These are georgeous designs. Marvel are knocking this out of the park.

[​IMG]

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

:lol: that last one is bad.

Justin V.

Even Tony Stark has some duds haha.

I cannot WAIT for someone to properly cosplay that Gemini suit. That thing is a beauty. Like a freaking Pagani Huaryra made love to an Iron Man suit.

hawk

The first image is cool, but in the second image the arms just look ridiculous!

Justin V.

It looks to me like its another exoskeleton suit that fits over the primary IM suit to serve a specific purpose (digging people out of rubble).

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

[video=dailymotion;xyoruf]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyoruf_marvelphasetwo_shortfilms?start=11#.UVvcM6K W_Ak[/video]

^Amazing preview of Phase 2. So pumped :D

Moridin

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

So exciting. That Ant Man footage looked pretty badass!

hawk

Phase Two just looks fucking amazing (Thor and Guardians in particular).

Moridin

Moridin

Advance screenings of IM3 have started showing in Britain and reactions are overwhelmingly positive (no spoilers):

@emmdib: Iron Man 3 is A LOT more like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang than I had dared to hope.

‏@NickdeSemlyen: It appears the Iron Man 3 embargo has been melted by an Extremis super-soldier. 4 stars: witty script, big action and one whopping rug-pull.
    @SeanKDLA: @NickdeSemlyen As long as it's better than IM2....
    @NickdeSemlyen: @SeanKDLA MUCH better.
    ‏@NickdeSemlyen: @elab49 It's my favourite of the three by far.

@MarkClarkMov: 2m
    @RJRHQ @DaveMarquez IM3 - cool, thrilling & damn funny. 3D? Fine for VFX set pieces, but why I ask.. Screws up scale etc. End credits bonus.

Helen O'Hara ‏@HelenLOHara 1m
    Iron Man 3, now we are allowed to tweet, is more fun than a bag of badgers. Watch twice to catch the lines you lost laughing first time.

film.com ‏@filmdotcom 2m
    The Brits get the first word on IRON MAN 3. RT @NickdeSemlyen: Iron Man 3: 4 stars. witty script, big action and one whopping rug-pull.

Adam Lowes ‏@adlow76 4m
    Iron Man 3 is like an scrappy 80s action/fantasy film with a $200m+ budget. This is a good thing. An absolute blast. #ironman3

Olly Richards ‏@olly_richards 9m
    Iron Man 3 was loads of fun. Not perfect (muddly middle), but cracking character stuff, genuine surprises & at least 3 superb action scenes.

Ryan Lambie ‏@ryanlambie 11m
    Iron Man 3. Possibly the most irreverent superhero film yet made, politically speaking. Also: massive explosions.

Colin Farquhar ‏@farqs 3s
    Just out of Iron Man 3 preview screening. Review: Brilliant! Ben Kingsley with standout performance - you'll see what i mean.. a bit genius!

Reed Tucker ‏@reed_tucker 3m
    I won't say what it is, but #IronMan3 post-credits sequence does not tease next Marvel movie.

Becky Reed ‏@DIYFilms 4m
    We're allowed to say how amazing Iron Man 3 is then? Took all my willpower not to smother Shane Black & @mrdrewpearce in kisses this morning

paul ferrer ‏@paullferrer 5m
    Robert. Downey Jr & Shane Black the dream team after the fantastic Kiss Kiss Bang Bang they do it again in Iron Man 3 reinventing the films

@Mullane45: Shane Black proved an inspired choice to direct. Marvel Phase 2 is off to a hell of a start. #ironman3
    @Mullane45 8m
    Iron Man 3 is AWESOME. Completely erases the memory of it's dull, muddled predecessor.

@alexbarans: Loved Iron Man 3 and great to see the writer and director at the screening, very cool

‏@Big_Pants: Not sure I can talk about Iron Man 3 but it's.......... :):):):):):):):):):):)

‏@mattmaytum 2m
    Iron Man 3 was enormous fun, with bigger laughs than a lot of comedies.

@spliggle 7m
    Hear we're allowed to tweet what we thought of Iron Man 3. I bloody loved it. Surprising, action-packed and with bags of energy. Great fun.

@marcfc 8m
    Iron Man 3 was excellent, incredibly funny and smart script, kudos to Marvel for hiring Shane Black. Ben Kingsley killed it. #Stark

@Groovyfokker 10m
    With Iron Man 3, Shane Black has delivered the 2nd best action film of the '90s. With the budget (and a few other components) of the best.

‏@MarkWassmer 2m
    Shane Black & Drew Pearce introduce the awesome IRON MAN 3 - what a team! Amazing film!!

@MissAnnieMcM 2m
    Director Shane Black introduced his amazing Iron Man 3 at screening tonight - Sir Ben Kingsley is flawless!

@DIYFilms 4m
    I thought The Avengers set the bar impossibly high. Nope. Iron Man 3 is thrilling, moving, funny and hugely satisfying, with AWESOME action.

ChuckCheese

First teaser of Thor: The Dark World has dropped and it is AWESOME.
    [video=youtube;f2H9TlgiwSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f2H9TlgiwSw[/video]

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

BRACE YOURSELVES

LOKI FANGIRLS GUSHING ABOUT HIS NEW HAIR INCOMING

Moridin

Alan Taylor is really bringing his Game of Thrones aesthetic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Now that is more like it. Cinematically, this is exactly what I expected to see when Thor 1 was announced a few years back. The first flick was fun, but it was far from being anything spellbinding; everything looked plastic and artificial (as was The Avengers film).

Moridin

So I saw IM3 yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. It's pretty fucking great, possibly the best of the 3, though I'd have to see it again to decide. Very distinctly a Shane Black film, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang meets Iron Man. If you haven't seen KKBB, first slap yourself, then go check it out.

hawk

Iron Man 3 was great, but as I said in my short "review", the ending worries me. I want more Iron Man, more Tony Stark and more Robert Downey Jr.

ChuckCheese

Loved Iron Man 3, was fantastic. The ending was perfect for the character, even if it makes me, as a fan, sad.

For those that stuck around for the end credits scene, right after it, the screen says "Tony Stark will return." I see this as more along the lines of Tony seeing that he doesn't physically need to be in the armor anymore.

20. Moridin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guardians of the Galaxy also started filming a couple of weeks ago.

The end of IM3 wasn't Tony retiring (or thinking he doesn't need armour), it was closing the arc of the film, "does the suit make the man or does the man make the suit", with Stark coming to the realisation that you can put any number of people in the Iron Man armor (which this and the previous film do liberally) but that doesn't make them Iron Man.

As his last line of naration goes "I am Iron Man".

Downey also signed on for Avengers 2 & 3.

Such a well written film, Black & Pearce did a great job. It's turned out to be a personal favourite.