May 24, 2014 - Tucson, AZ: KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 23, 2014.

1. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

Honestly the band, especially chester, have a ton of reasons to stay away from anything like that. First rule of addiction recovery is to stay away from the sources of your addiction.

My guess would be that LP's tour manager details keeping that stuff away when they set up the shows. Sublime ignored it (because no shit, it's sublime) and something is said to one of the local crew. Standard procedure would be to have security remove the problem aka "cops". Obviously they didn't just call the cops or it would have been a bigger deal than it simply being removed from the shared backstage area.

I know there was a time for me when having drugs / alcohol around would have turned me into a fidgeting / craving anxiety ball, and totally ruined my ability to play a concert.

I know the illegal thing had nothing to do with it by itself. Was talking to the security guys at riverfest yesterday waiting on buckcherry/three days grace to set up, and apparently they are specifically told to ignore that for artists. He specifically mentioned snoop dog last year. It's a condition of booking him that the cops and security look the other way. Would make sense that some bands would have the opposite.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

we cant tell what happened exactly. but the pot guys were playing when they called the cops, i dont think they were smoking on stage

3. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah... calling the cops for weed is pretty meh..

4. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

Every venue matches the drug environment, for lack of a better word, to the artist. It makes a show not suck. Sublime gets to get high before they play (they always play high), then fun's over because the next band (who pulls a lot more people than y'all sorry) doesn't want to be around it.

5. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

The weird thing is that Sublime was smoking on stage, throughout pretty much their entire set. It comes to me as a surprise because the KFMA day lineup was announced a long time ago and it's not like it's a surprise that Sublime smokes weed lol. If LP did have a problem with weed, shouldn't they have contacted Sublime way in advance?

6. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

chester wasnt addicted to pot, he had problems with meth and shit like this. pot cant cause a relapse, and chester still smokes cigarettes... also so many bands use it, why the band never did anything about it before?

7. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

I was at the show and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but maybe Rome didn't tell the whole truth and they had more than just weed... That'd warrant a cop call from Chester for sure, and I'd fully support him on it. The taking of the weed might've just been a consequence of something bigger.

8. 20Cookie12

20Cookie12 Active Member

What are you talking about?

Who had called the cops?Why? What about this drugs?

9. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Are we even sure this legit happened? Could Sublime With Rome just be fucking around?

10. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Ah man that bigger band called about our stuff bro! Keep that stuff on the bus.

11. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

It's possible they were just fucking around. Honestly I remember them smoking on the 2nd to last song of their set right before LP came on. If it did happen it seems like it was meant to be kept secret because I did not see any commotion from the stage crew.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And I doubt LP would do anything to bring harm to Sublime With Rome, especially since Chester spoke their praises here:

[video=youtube;z60TAbYG_eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z60TAbYG_eQ[/video]

And it's on Sublime's official YouTube. I'm calling this a joke by Sublime that gotten taken as something serious.

13. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I did chuckle at his follow-up tweet though...

[​IMG]

14. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Chester gets angry when Rome smokes pot. Hits the bottle and goes right to the rock.

15. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

I doubt it's a joke but who knows.

16. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

The guy who posted the tweets also follows Chester on Twitter, so it COULD just be a joke. But it seems weird to me that you wouldn't at least hint that it's a joke, especially seeing some of the reactions.

17. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

He don't

18. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Can't wait for Rock in Rio.

19. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Castle of glass EXPERIENCE :D

[video=youtube;-CEZtclFhtw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CEZtclFhtw[/video]

20. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Nice Song :bradwink: