Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I honestly liked some of the remixes better. I'll wait for the full version though.

I kept picturing the stems in my head and was thinking the verse that Mike is on definitely shouldn't have came in so early. That kind of bugged me. The spastic nature of the song was kind of cool, quite risky for a band like Linkin Park to do.

This is much better than a lot of what is on MtM, so I'm happy. What I've Done was far too generic.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

[youtube]VDW0ZnZxjn4[/youtube]

3. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

the song gave me chills, if thats a gauge for how great i think the song is then i'll take it. I'm nearly positive this album won't dissapoint. I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions. But there is something special about this song, the process, and the approach the band has coming into this album. I am genuinely excited for this release and I'm happy that they seem to be really excited about their finished product. I think once we get the full version tomorrow we're gonna get a lot of other info for the album release as well, potentially through radio interviews or articles. Im interested to find how this song compares with the rest. Im sincerely happy that they've decided to take some bold risks with this album!

Now being 22, i've grown up with this band. I can't wait to see them live again. These new songs are gonna prove to be something special i can just feel it

4. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

worst lead single for lp.one step closer>somwhere i belong = what ive done >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THE CATALYSt

5. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM Member

... I've been visiting this site off and on since like 2004. And I never signed up until last night. But if THIS is how trolls are handled, I wish I signed up sooner. Haha.

6. thor

thor Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Joe
    akira: You are the most disrespectful, egotistical, arrogant excuse for a member on these boards. Ever since you have signed up, you have not only made yourself look bad, but you are beginning to make these forums look bad, and this is where the line gets drawn. We've (and by that I mean every member on these boards) put up with your comments for the simple fact we like to be fair, and give people a chance. You come here time after time with no change in attitude despite being warned. Well buddy, the time has come for you to take your one sided / condescending views elsewhere because the LPA is a friendly community that doesn't tolerate people like you. Your holier-than-thou attitude combined with your unjustified, unconstructive criticisms just went hand in hand with your troll like behaviour, and because of this you are now banned from the LPA. I'm sure nobody will miss you and your antagonizing attitude. I'll rate your time here a 7.5 after thinking about it a couple of times. Good day, sir.

what did akira do?

7. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I love people like you.

8. cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Agreed as far as trolls being given well thought out responses, you can't do that with these people, as they honestly don't care. They will continue to rot the boards until a harsher action is taken. Ever visit tehparadox, 4chan? A really stupid mistake, or trolling incident and you're gone, like that.

9. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this sound bit has been posted before (I apologize if it has) but on GTTV, they showed more behind the scenes of the MoH/Linkin Park video. This edition of GTTV is brand new, so the sound clip may have not existed before. They play some of the song and I believe it is how the start will sound! I think I hear guitar in there to... :)

Here is the link (skip to 19:33 for the LP part): http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/99?ch=2&sd=1_hd

Thoughts?

10. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Very nice find! As far as the clip itself goes, I believe we've heard it before, but the short segment with Mike & Chester is nice.

11. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

And people are over in the Meteora subforum saying that that album is overproduced. WOW. That's all I can say. My hopes for this song are pretty much destroyed. WHy do I keep holding my breath for LP to make a great song through and through again? Only bits and pieces are ever inspiring anymore...

12. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

The stupid synth part sounds like it's a seed from garageband. Truth. And fail.

I know I'm being negative, but as a fan from 2001 or so, I am so fucking disappointed, but for all Mike's talk about "boo warnr wants me to play only the keyboard" he is so not PRESENT on hardly ANYTHING LP have released since 2007. And that's a god damn fact.

With Mike's rapping being my preferred vocal delivery in LP's music, I am hugely diappointed. I've never been a huge fan of Chester, and even less of his soft crooning style singing. You call that evolving? I call it adult contemporary.

And I am NOT advocating a return to HT/Meteora. I listen to Innerpartysystem, and they're doing the electro-rock a hell of a lot better than this song thus far. Shiny Toy Guns do it better.

And LP, newsflash, you HAVE a guitarist who is perfectly capable of playing more than refrained power chords in the background! Do we have to exclude band members from songs to be experimental these days? (Joe on MTM, and Brad for the most part here, lack of Mike;s vocals on MTM).

Blehh.

And like someone else said, this is trash thus far. Nobody would like this song if it wasn't LP.

13. spursrule

spursrule Well-Known Member

I love this song. I did not enjoy Minutes to Midnight as much as the previous two albums and Joe hardly had anything to do in any of the songs. I am loving the faster tempo in The Catalyst and I hope it continues on the other songs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.