meteora remix album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by AmbienTisCool, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
    AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

I couldn't find a thread on this. I remember seeing that linking park skipped making a remix album for meteora but they made a few tracks. whatever happened to these. i think rob said they would come out at sometime prolly a underground album but that was a long time ago. whatever happened to em.?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It would be safe to guess that the band simply decided not to finish/release them.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

you mean Collision Course? There's no such thing a Meteora Remix album.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I know making new music is obviously a touchy subject, but I would love for Mike to work on new Reanimation projects in this downtime. The original is just so good.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

This. Reanimation is my favourite remix album, and I hope Mike would revisit this kind of project but as a studio album effort, not a remix album. I think this is the possible option we have in the future when the band is ready to hit the studio and make LP8. There are tons of ways for the band to continue, all they have to do is to take their time. They can collaborate a ton of artists to lay down vocals or contribute to songwriting, etc.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

IMO, that's basically what "A Thousand Suns" is

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

can't seem to find where I read it. but no I meant the actual meteora reanimation. guess I read wrong. meteora is the one album where I wish they would have released more stuff. remixes and song demos alike

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Of course there isn't one. But several interviews from that period confirmed that remixes had been made for at least a few of the Meteora tracks, yet nothing ever came out.

Collision Course was probably just the project that ended up replacing the idea of releasing Meteora remixes.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Oh I see. I didn't know that they're planning to remix Meteora back then. you're right, maybe the production of Collision Course was the reason why they halted to release the Meteora remixes.

Close enough but there are some elements in ATS that can't reach the intensity of Reanimation. I love ATS but in terms of overall sound, Reanimation flows more cohesively, IMO.