Microsoft pulling bunny tricks for XBOX

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by |CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION|, Jan 6, 2007.

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION|

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION| Well-Known Member

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-second-xbox-360-revealed-codename-zephyr/

Ever wonder why Microsoft hasn't released an HDMI cable for the Xbox 360, or whether the AV port was really capable of digital out? Well, here's your answer: we landed pictures of what appears to be the second Xbox 360 -- the Xbox 360 v2, if you will -- codenamed Zephyr. (The original Xbox 360, if you recall, was codenamed Xenon.) The long rumored about and awaited update to the console won't just feature a new, cooler 65nm processor, it's also finally added an HDMI port for full digital 1080p pleasure, as well as a 120GB drive, just what the doctor ordered. The 120GB drive may or may not come bundled with the kit, we don't yet know, just as we also don't yet know how much a Zephyr 360 is going to run (we imagine it'll go for the same price as currently so they can keep up a little on their expanding margin). But our very kind Xbox insider seemed happy to let us know we'd be able to get them "soon."

So yep, i guess there is a V2 now, and i was gonna order a 360 this week :S. The current Xbox 360 owners are definitely F*U*B*A*R (fucked up beyond all recognition). Gosshh!!! technology sooo ultimately leads to sadness. I can afford 600 $ but not 60$ per games for ps3, and with the mod chip out for the 360 i can definitely be happy with spending 10$ on fake games. But now i gotta wait for the so-called ZEPHYR. I just do not wanna spend all sorta money on any one of these consoles and then find out that it wasnt worth it. Ahhhhh, i just dont know what to do, i wish i was born a 100 years back, i mean imagine trying to explain what wireless controllers and cell processors are to people from the 1900's.. :(

Ant

Ant Ambient

Endadget is confused: The original was not codenamed Xenon. That was the processor.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

I bought a 360 like, three days ago >_< .

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

According to Wikipedia, it's the processor and codename for the entire system.

Viper62

Viper62 Well-Known Member

they better not bundle it with the 120 gig hdd...

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

So, let me get this straight. They're coming out with another version of the X-Box 360?

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Uhuh. It would be awesome if you could send your 360 to Microsoft, they change the stuff WITH your saved games, and you get it back

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

They won't though.

Come on, it's Microsoft. :lol:

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

im not up to speed with gaming consoles, whats this thing they are adding? i was going to get a 360? should i wait?

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yes you should definitely wait, especially if they are going to be the same price.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm not gonna get pissed off until I'm 100% sure this is real. ;)

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Oh i would be pretty certain that this will happen. But its pretty sweet cause my brother offered to buy mine off of me so I could buy a new one should it come out.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

whats the difference?

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION|

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION| Well-Known Member

The difference is huge...if u have a HDTV that is. The newer 65nm processor would be kickass, plus the HDMI port would make a whole lotta difference. I mean if this thing really comes out, which it will, it'll certainly give ps3 a run for its money ( unless they come out with a ps3 V2 ...with 65nm cell processor :D ). Plus 120 Gb is gonna make a hell lotta difference with the downloading, 20 gb is just too small. I was gonna buy the 360 this week, but now i'm just gonna wait...by the time GTA4 comes out, this baby might be up and running. But then again...its Micro$oft that we are talking abt :p

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Exactly.