Mike Has a "Message"

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

OOPS you're right. *Ashamed to call myself a PF fan after that*

2. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

My personal opinion about guitar solos is that they are cool and fine, but it depends how they are made. If we get some solo playing as The Little Things Give You Away, or a solo like the one in Saw Something of Dave Gahan, or whatever that has "feeling", then ok, i'm fine with it. If the solo is done just to rock the fudge out and show you can play guitar, sorry but it aint not for me. Music must be a revelation on many ways, not overfilled with "cool" or useless parts. I am not saying i don't want solos (as i love the Faint one live for example), but i don't want, sincerly, solos like Dead By Sunrise. There again: nothing against DBS solos, just i feel they are put the because the genre requires it and to rock for 10 or 20 seconds more, but not to give more feeling. And i accept only feelings solos.

3. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

LP THROWBACK!

I remember people going all Sherlock Holmes on this under construction LP site back in 2007. Trying to find something out of nothing lol.

[​IMG]

4. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

That was me.

But come on, the band has been saying all after m2m that they wanted to recreate the experience of putting out albums in new and exiting ways. Plus that's just 1 site on 1 page in 2007. This has been posted 8 different times in 2010. I'm 99% sure it's not "nothing" and that it is the start of something that will grow bigger and bigger over time.

5. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

[​IMG]

6. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Storm,

I agree, but then again it depends. Basically, guitar solos are a part of Rock music, it depends on how and when they're played. I have never seen anyone complain about a 2 minute solo in "Comfortably Numb", simply because it's played to perefection. In Linkin Park's case, that short solo in "In Pieces" is a good example of a nice solo. It's one aspect of Rock music Linkin Park did not develope in their music that much in the past, and I guess we all agree Brad is good enough to play some fine solos, so I think it would be a welcome change for the new record. Whether they have done that in this record or not, is another case.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  7. Derek

Am I the only one who no longer sees the static when I open the site? It just comes up blank.

*EDIT* Nevermind. Loaded now.

8. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

lol!

I recall Mike saying, possibly in his blog or a chat, that Brad was coming in to lay down a guitar solo. Whether or not that song made the record...

Though I'm sure we'll hear a few guitar solos. I love to hear a drum solo over the outro to some song, like this.

9. Derek

I have a feeling we're only going to get one update a day and this is gonna last a few weeks. :lol:

10. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Guys, the message is a blurry, static-y silhouette of an elephants head.

The right side of it has it's trunk curved upwards, and on the left side you can see it's large ear. In the middle is the head/side of its face.

DONE

11. VorteXLP

Damn... I'm really starting to see things..
    [​IMG]

12. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

would LP really carry it out for weeks? how long did MTM and Meteora take?

13. Derek

The coming soon thing for LP.com lasted a really long time.

And as crazy as the elephant theory is now...I actually do see it in there. I honestly don't think LP would just have the static fall together in that pattern if it wasn't meant to reveal something. The fact there's an elephant in the video, and that more than one person has seen an elephant in the static...makes you wonder if Elephants have something do with the album.

14. VorteXLP

What could be involved...
    Elephant.. Mammoth... Beast... Animal... Vuvuzelas..

15. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Pink elephants ;)

16. Derek

17. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Normally bands say "oh yeah the album is coming out on blah and the first single is called blah"
    I don't understand the need to be cryptic. I mean shit like this only really works if a band is like getting back together or something
    this is just annoying

18. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

i'm not too sure if i like the idea of an elephant???? perhaps a sabertooth tiger?

19. Nihilanth

Nihilanth Active Member

No one would EVER see any elephant there of it wasn't for Phoenix photo.

20. Derek

Read the article I posted. It's an excellent idea for a concept album.

""Elephant in the room" (also "elephant in the sitting room", "elephant in the living room", "elephant in the parlor", "elephant in the corner", "elephant on the dinner table", "elephant in the kitchen", "elephant in the champagne room", and "elephant on the coffee table") is an English idiom for an obvious truth that is being ignored or goes unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem no one wants to discuss.[1]
    It is based on the idea that an elephant in a room would be impossible to overlook; thus, People in the room who pretend the elephant is not there have made a choice. They are choosing to concern themselves with tangential or small and irrelevant issues rather than deal with the looming big one."

Yes Mike distanced LP from the whole "concept album" rumor...but that doesn't mean that it's true. The band could be trying to steer people away from that idea so that it's a surprise.

Which is why I think the elephant is in the video for a reason, and not just to look pretty. It's part of the video's story. Unless they're filming in a fake Africa set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.