Mike Shinoda Confirms Solo Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

First off, id like to welcome myself back. I was banned a few months ago for garbage behavior and i apologize. I'll behave this time around :D

about the solo album: is it just me or is this stalling by LP? im thinking maybe some record label pressure to assure the fans that they are not going to split? i know WB Records has nothign to do with Machine Shop, but jebus why dont they just calm down take the break they need and go back to the studio when theyre ready?

2. Cale.

Cale. Banned

i guess LP wanted to take a break and while they had a break Mike wanted to keep working.

3. Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

well over working never helped anything in the long run just made people bored and tired. :unsure:

4. RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

huh?

so you saying mike should have taken a break like the rest of LP?

To me it just shows he's the most dedicated when it comes to making music. Mike is a workhorse like it said in the mtv article. I dont know what you mean by making people tired and bored. Mike's providing us with a whole album of 'he's' music very soon. Im in anticipation of the album.

5. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Thanks for admitting it. Made our jobs a hell of a lot easier.

6. sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

Yes, but think about this, he does this entire album, then promotion, maybe a tour [doubtful] then launches right into the next big LP album, the has to do, promotion+ tour+music videos, after word he is going to be really tired, I hope he can handle it.

7. Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Thanks for admitting it. Made our jobs a hell of a lot easier. [/b][/quote]
    HAHA, now thats priceless!!

8. Veritas

Veritas Member

First Of All, hi all
    and I couldn't read the whole answers but I need the learn sth.

This won't hurt LP, right ?

If it won't, for me it's gonna be the best rap (or hip-hop ?? :p ) I've ever heard...

9. danias

danias New Member

agree with ya!

10. hYbr1d_tH30rY_723

hYbr1d_tH30rY_723 Well-Known Member

Its great news as long as it doesnt harm LP... cant wait for it but if you think abt it I'm guessin two years till another LP album :( 1st of all Mike has to get this solo out of the way ... then lets say LP hit the studion in September .... n lets also assume it takes them 18 months to get the job done now thats like Early 2007 ... I doubt they can get a new album in stores by late 2006

11. Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Tough Break.

12. sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

Tough Break. [/b][/quote]
    I doubt it would take them long at all once Mike is done with his album, remember, the rest of LP isnt just sitting around playing halo, they are probably working on awesome guitar riffs and drum patterns as we speak, and writing lyrics. So when they do go back to the studio, they should already have alot of work fineshed

13. hYbr1d_tH30rY_723

hYbr1d_tH30rY_723 Well-Known Member

I doubt it would take them long at all once Mike is done with his album, remember, the rest of LP isnt just sitting around playing halo, they are probably working on awesome guitar" onmouseover="window.status='guitar'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">guitar</a> riffs and drum patterns as we speak, and writing lyrics. So when they do go back to the studio, they should already have alot of work fineshed [/b][/quote]
    I guess youre right ... I hope the rest of Linkin Park are working ... obviously they need a break and I respect that ... my only concern is that I'd like Mike to be more of a part of the new album ... get the solo out of the way which i have no objections to and get busy with the rest of the group ... but good luck to Mike neway on the solo

14. hybridtheory_gc

hybridtheory_gc Well-Known Member

I have nothing against Mike doing solo album, Im even excited about it but i hope this doesn't affect the chances of having a new album out this year. I mean, its been like 2 years since the release of meteora and they can't keep fans waiting too long for the next LP album.

15. .Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

they already released collision course and live in texas , and some bands take 4 years to make a new album

16. whatiwantu2feel

whatiwantu2feel Well-Known Member

i dont care waht he does as long as the band keeps on doing what they do best, If mike puts in his hard work and does waht he does best then NO DOUBT it will be an awesome album. Im excited and definately going to be keeping my eyes opened!

17. No more gods

No more gods Banned

Hope Mike will go on and never go back
    Please Jesus bless him :mike:

18. Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

When will he release his 1st single can't wait.... :lol:

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

There are absolutely no details about the album's release date and/or first single at this time. It would be fair to speculate that we wont know any of this until closer to the summertime, so please stay tuned to LPA over the next few months.

If I had to guess I'd say that we're looking at a late 2005 release for this, if he just started working on in the beginning of the year. That's just speculation though and should NOT be taken as fact.

20. Spykotic

Spykotic Well-Known Member

if mike makes his own album, would it be in LP style, or kinda hip-hop?
    i hope not hip-hop :ohno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.