Mike Shinoda Gives Details on Self Produced Album: Loud, Energetic and Coming This Summer

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Mar 5, 2014.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Oh, the new album could be fucking awesome and sound like Reanimation with mathcore riffs and the best lyrics of their career. The ongoing hype would still color my perception of it for a while, though.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No one, as to my knowledge is knocking new music. There is none to knock.

We're criticizing Mike's statements and actions, which I think is completely reasonable.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Isn't that usually what happens though? :lol:

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Yeah I agree! That got out of hand fast!^^
    I'll just wait for the announcement and keep being excited for new LP stuff!

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

This thread is priceless. Somebody pass me the popcorn. :CUMULUS:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm just hoping for the single tomorrow or this week was a bust.

Well partial bust. I'm going to see LP for the first time!

l4g_testify

l4g_testify Well-Known Member

You're all trippin. Just enjoy the band and music you love

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yep, true!

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I would say that some of the reactions to Mike sound kinda "pussy", but I guess that would make me sound like a "dick".

If you're gonna be angry, be angry that you have spent time judging Mike Shinoda because he stated an opinion...
    an opinion that he did not have earlier in his career...because people can have thoughts and opinions that change.

I'm just glad that they're all excited about this album. Nobody seemed enthusiastic about LIVING THINGS.

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

I think half of the people in this thread are having more of one than he is.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

So. Much. Whining.

Good god wait for the music.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Some of you need to rinse out your vagina's because it seems like you have an entire beach in there.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No.

I agree - this new album had better be heavy as fuck if the band are making statements like that. I don't personally care about whether or not the album lives up to "hype" as much as others do, because, if I'm honest, it's new Linkin Park and I'll probably like it whether it's heavy or not

merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

I'm very disappointed by the amount of hate Mike is garnering last few pages. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but Mike's comments about rock music becoming soft were correct. Have LP steered away from heavy or intense rock music, clearly, but not since LP was heavy has any band really kept the spirit of hard rock begun in the 1970's. Mike was right plain and simple, forget about heavy rock should always be intense, for crying our loud Mumford and Sons were nominated as Rock past 2 Grammys they were at, and I'm not knocking folk/Americana sounding music, I happen to think Marcus Mumford is incredibly talented but not a maker of Rock music, neither is Arcade Fire for that matter. Back when LP hit the scene Rock was still a dominant genre, at least QOTSA made a heavy rip roaring rock album last year to remind people what rock is, will LP put out a very heavy album? Maybe, probably nothing like numetal but for a band that came from the heavy metal/hard rock scene to possibly recharge their sound and while doing so make heavier music popular on the radio again I'm all for it. Mike and the rest of LP have lasted in a business that very few do and to see anyone on this forum jump down his throat when likely all of you don't have the slightest clue about the business he's in or mindset his band currently has this many years into their career is insulting and ridiculous. I for one am looking forward to tomorrow's news and just happy another album is coming so fast. I like the band, if the music sucks so be it, but I'm not gonna complain about getting new LP album ever and the rest of you no matter what albums you prefer shouldn't either. After all it's your choice to listen, if you have a preference in sound or style seek it out and stop complaining on a FAN forum, be grateful and if you choose to listen to the music then complain.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I don't believe the term "soft" was used by Mike in a "soft vs. hard rock" context. More so that rock music doesn't bring the impact and punch it once did in mainstream.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Rock has gone soft.

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I don't know if I'd call ...Like Clockwork heavy and rip roaring, but yea mike is right about rock being soft. You just don't hear typical rock music anymore in the mainstream. Right now it's about electronic stuff and edm.

Remember the LP, LB, Slipknot, and Korn days? I feel old at 24.

Nathanleedavies94

Nathanleedavies94 Well-Known Member

aVZgT.gif

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

I honestly don't think the band should do interviews anymore. Just put the music out and let it speak for itself. I realize you feel the need to promote it and yourselves to get sales and buzz but at this point, Linkin Park doesn't need to do interviews to promote themselves.

20. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Though Mike isn't referring to those kinds of bands. It's more about music like Refused, At The Drive In, Inside Out, Helmet....which have never been that mainstream to begin with. Those bands put out some legendary landmark records in the heavy-music world, but it was never the typical radio-stuff I think. So when Mike is saying "Where is that stuff gone? When I listen to the radio blablabla....", there's a little bit of a paradox there.