Mike Shinoda Gives Details on Self Produced Album: Loud, Energetic and Coming This Summer

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

Well, this thread was amusing to read, it was pretty intense. Congrats Kevin on the first News post.

I won't really comment much on this, I kinda said all I wanted to say in the shoutbox and pretty much every shade of the spectrum has already been covered. I don't think there's much I can write add to all that has been said, but I do think that 'hypocrisy' is a strong word in this context. Sure, LP made albums like ATS and MTM, which are "softer" but if Linkin Park isn't going to "bring rock back" (consensus is they won't), they certainly weren't the sole responsibles for the "softening" in the mainstream rock scene, and I know everyone here knows that, but still the wording I've seen around here makes it look as if LP are the ones to blame for mainstream rock's current state.

And like someone pointed out before, you have to take other factors into account. We are just finding out in recent albums Brad hasn't been too inspired in playing guitar, and naturally with LP's experimenting side, they've tried to replace that "heaviness" of the guitars with other sounds. Brad's lesser participation of course isn't the main reason why ATS and MTM are what they are, but that maybe just adds up to the thought processing behind the albums. So it's nice to know Mike has been trying to motivate him to pick the guitar back up, feel inspired and try to be creative.

Can't wait for the announcement tomorrow, will most likely be at work unless they decide to do it after 2PM PST.

I like this.

2. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Yes of course...because the exactly opposite of agreeing with someone is to call him a hypocrite!!! (The owner of the band you apparently is on a website dedicated for)

I wish we had a thread called "Stupid people" so you could share your experiences and knowledge with us...

3. TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

A thousand times this. Great post.

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

If you want to insinuate someone else is stupid, it helps to not have shitty grammar.

5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Definitely agree. For a while, there was nothing from Linkin Park except "we're making music" and "there will be music in the summer" and a bunch of Instagram pictures for us to pore over. That was perfect and I feel that they should've kept with that.

6. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Whoa, what the hell happened in here? :lol:

Either way, if the single is coming tomorrow, I hope to be rocking out with all you fine people when it's released!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  7. l4g_testify

l4g_testify Well-Known Member

Yep can't wait for tomorrow!

8. chayand1

chayand1 Well-Known Member

Warning!

(Be aware, cause LP have news for us!)

9. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

I dont think I insinuated...i was pretty clear actually!!! Btw im pretty worried about my english grammar!!!

10. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

>Band talks about new album with the hopes of exciting the fans.
    >Fans find something to complain about.

Seems like it's been that way for a long time.
    C'mon guys, new music. It's exciting.

11. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

But I'm pretty sure that the album name will be "The Hunting Party." They've been hinting at it with this Carnivores tour, and I noticed that normally when the members from LP take notes, they just scribble them down in sloppy, small handwriting. The date and name were written in large, bold letters/numbers in all caps. They're not even attempting to hide it from us.

12. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

I don't know Spanish Baxter what does it mean?!

Ps. Everyone relaxxxx there's exciting stuff tomorrow homies!

13. Andreina

Um, it's translated right below the quote, man. :lol:

14. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

A lot of BS right here. Today but tomorrow after the oficial anouncement of LP6
    And the date of. The first. Single all those real hypocrits will. Be sucking Mike,s ass again
    I let. You. Know. Something in advance no song tomorrow only dates and the first
    Preventive activity

15. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Well ..The album seem to be polarizing fans even before the release of the first single..Definitely a good sign..
    And Mike seems really confident about the new record.Hope it shows it in the music.:awesome::awesome:

16. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Well that explains it, I blame Kevin for this bickering and controversy.

I'm kidding, of course.

Well, I just read about every post in this thread and holy shit, what's with all the bickering? I really don't feel like explaining this myself, so I'm gonna let Maars explain this for me:

17. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

This thread was really entertaining up until now.

And about Mike's comments regarding Brad, as someone said before, being able to inspire a 16 year old, or anyone for that matter, to pick up a guitar and start playing, is not at all an insult (though I know all the confusion was caused due to the OP partially misquoting him). That's one of the best things ever for an artist, and one could only imagine the amount self-satisfaction that could cause.
    The single is out now, and I can really say that Brad stepped up his game.

I'm an aspiring artist myself, and whenever I listen to any music, I think of how hard that would have been to make, or how much skill you'd need to have to make something like that. When you think that way and when something 'hard' by your standards comes along, it really does inspire you, especially when it's from your favorite artists/bands.
    I have always felt that many of the heavier, guitar-based Linkin Park songs were easy to jam to, and right now, I can say that this song probably has their most sophisticated guitar work ever, and it really does inspire me to try it out, and I'm 17. It's much better than listening to a song with 4 power chords with distortion and going "meh" and not really wanting to jam along. All I know is I'm really happy about this, and Brad was surely "inspired" here. Thank you, Linkin Park! :)

Can't wait to hear the full album.

18. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I'm not complaining about it, but I do find it weird what Mike said about Brad being less involved on the guitar. Like, what does that even mean? That he's just coming to recording sessions and not doing anything?

19. Andreina

Dude. Naturally Brad was less involved with the guitar because there was less guitar on latest albums, also he said he wasn't too inspired by it lately, but in no way is less participating in recording sessions, he is pretty much right behind (or besides) Mike when it comes to producing, and if he wasn't working with the guitar, I'm pretty sure he worked on creating sounds from different elements. If there are two people who spend more time in the studio than anyone else, it's Mike and Brad.

20. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Alright, thank you for an answer. No need to be terse about it...