Mike Shinoda on The Vocal Minority and Members vs. Non-Members

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I completely agree with everything you just said.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

I agree with all of Mike's statement.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Only after May.

At the start of LPUX, You were buying nothing but the privilege of sending a complete stranger to a summit thousands of miles from you. It was so NOT a steal.

The give and take dynamic works in two directions. You cannot expect something for nothing. You also cannot take without giving back. LPU deserved the criticism it got.

ShinodaTwin

ShinodaTwin Linkinland is the new Disneyland

I agree 100% what Mike and Derek said.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

This. Thank you Mike. I completely agree. I'm not part of the LPU, but I always do EVERYTHING I can just to make sure Linkin Park is still relevant around my friends and family. I love them so much, I always support everything they do, and I'm not part of the LPU. I happen to own not only all four albums and Reanimation, but also a poster, a lifetime supply of LP shirts, an LP hat, and my autographed ATS CD and homemade LP shirt. So basically, I'm a diehard superfan (I don't make them my life, but I can't go a day without them xD).

And I'm not part of the LPU. I don't care though (although once I get out of the house and go out into the world, that's the first thing I intend to do once I get enough money xD), if you feel like a fan, you ARE a fan. Thanks so much Mike. :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Mike is 100% right about how the human mind tends to be more vocal regarding a negative thing rather than a positive thing. There are probably 100's of thousands of people out there that love A Thousand Suns but aren't being vocal about it at all. It's also the only explanation for why the band keeps getting more and more Facebook Fans (31 million holy shit) despite a lot of negative comments about the new album.

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

If I were Mike, I would've said, "Yes, LPU fans give us more money, so they're better fans then the rest of you, and you'd better get used to it, dickholes. Shinoda!"

Also, if I were Mike, I'd end my sentences with "Shinoda!"

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

They did, however, say something along the lines of "Stay tuned for more details." I bought the package figuring that there would be something I would get in return. I got a summit :awesome: and then it was announced that we would be getting a package. :awesome: :awesome: Eitherway, I knew that LP wouldn't disappoint their fans. I am, however, glad that they took their time with this package instead of rushing a design on a tee shirt. There are a few years of the LPU shirt that leaves me wondering if they had run out of cool tee shirt designs.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

It doesn't take 6 months to design a t-shirt D:
    LP put like 10 new t-shirts in their store in the mean time.

Also, telling people to stay tuned for details and make them wait half of the year (ie, half of their subscription time) on a vague promise isn't exactly the most ethical thing to do. And in December, I doubt they actually had any plans to expand further. There was no "stay tuned" at that point. They were basically asking their fans to gamble $60 without having to promise anything in return. You see, only a select lucky few get to do those summits, and meet and greet's also random chance. This is particularly a bad gamble since LPU is sort of flakey on that sort of thing (Hello LPU 4.0 t-shirt contest, LPU 6.0 email fuckup, and non-existant customer service) . That doesn't receive top marks from me.

I love Shinoda's dedication to answering the fans with posts like this, but the rest of the management doesn't put near as much effort. If Mike were cloned and sent to work everywhere, I'd be a happy person.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Yarp. There was no benifit for me in renewing, it would have been throwing away money.

I think "Shinoda Away!" would be more dramatic.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I've never been a member of LPU and I don't have any problems with LPU members getting more "stuff" than the non-LPU member. If you pay for a product or service you are obviously paying for something! This is a non-issue for me, but there are people out there who feel entitled to things they haven't paid for. I think it has something to do with this generation of kids. Some of them just feel entitled to things for some reason and if you ask them to work for it or pay for it, they look at you as if you've asked them the most unreasonable thing. Anyway, Mike is right and if you want more stuff from LP then pay for it. Otherwise shutup and go earn some money.

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

But what if you don't want to leave? Then it'd just be awkward.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Precisely. Confusing and awkward. Like walking into an occupied elevator and, instead of turning to face the doors, looking expectantly at the people in there. But that's off topic...

RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

Am I the only one, who made a review after reading this?

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Regarding the meet and greets, I'd be willing to bet that most people that applied for one got one. I haven't seen one person on here say that they didn't get a meet and greet.

Also, I'm pretty sure they were saying "more will come" even in December.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Take this guys' lead. ATS lovers unite! It's time we let potential buyers on iTunes and Amazon know the real quality of that album!

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

I've learned that it's a bad idea to go into an elevator full of women and say, "Going down?" They really don't like it if you clarify with "on my penis?"

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I agree with Kathy and I agree with Mike.

But it's getting extremely hard to find times when I disagree with either.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

DaMU: You have to be one of the weirdest newbies we've ever had :lol:. But your weirdness is refreshing.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

DaMu: haha, good one.

People always want something for nothing, everyone's favorite four letter F word is not Fuck, it's FREE. I bet a lot of these complaining fans don't even buy the albums.

Been a member of LPU since 3, and I've had no problems with it so far, it's been worth the yearly cost for the package alone. It helps that I live in the L.A. area so I've gotten to take advantage of a lot of LPU events, the best of which I've gotten to go to so far are: short line for Mike's Glorious Excess: Born signing, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen premiere performance, The ATS album screening laser show, and the best of all: listening to ATS two weeks before release date at Warner Bros. Records.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.