Mike Shinoda Releases New Song 'Happy Endings'

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Feb 17, 2021.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

*Update 2*
    The song has now been released and can be listened to on Spotify, Apple Music, or wherever you get your music!

*Update*
    The teaser was indeed for a new song. It's called Happy Endings and will be released on Friday, February 14. and features rapper/singer Iann Dior and singer-songwriter Upsahl. There was also an extended preview posted on Mikes' Zora account.

[​IMG]

*Original Post*
    Mike Shinoda
    has been busy. During his live Twitch stream sessions, Mike has recorded 3 albums named Dropped Frames, that he wrote as he talked with and interacted with fans. He's also been producing songs there that fans and artists have been submitting to have him put his "magic touch" on. It's also no secret that Mike's day doesn't end when the Twitch stream gets turned off.

Mike said during his live Twitch stream on Monday that it's going to be a fun week this week and that he has things planned for the fans. He then went on to say: "You're gonna come back to me on like Thursday, or Friday? Yeah on Thursday you guys are gonna be like 'Man, Mike, you were right when you said it's a fun week this week. You were right.'"

On Tuesday, He tweeted out the clip below with the hashtag #HappyEndings.

Is Mike teasing a brand new song with the hashtag #HappyEndings? What do you think of the short clip? Sound off in our forums to let us know what you think Mike has planned.

Source: @MikeShinoda on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2021
    AndreyKamensky, Michele and Kevin like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The song isnt too bad, feels a bit generic though. But i guess its pretty nice to have a more positive kind of vibe this time in contrast to Post Traumatic :lol:

AndreyKamensky likes this.
    chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Sounds good. Pretty catchy. Agreed, love the more positive attitude of the song!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I dont know exactly how people are saying this song is positive. It is a song literally about pretending in your head that everything is alright when in reality, it isnt, and about not knowing what to do.

Song's okay,anyway.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Mike's verses are ok but the production and features are completely forgettable imo.
    But yeah haven't been impressed by his music since pretty much Over Again. I wished he explored more from this stuff tbh

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

It's nice. I don't really have much to say other than that. I do wish it had taken a different direction, but not a bad song.

Honestly seems a bit TikTok friendly. I'm not trying to say that was a conscious choice of his to make it so it could blow up there, but it's just got certain qualities to it that could make it gain a bit of traction of that platform imo

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I just listened to the song, and it was somewhat catchy. Hearing Mike rap like this was good, and he had that confident swagger, too.

However, I couldn't help but think of some of his earliest rhymes from the Hybrid Theory EP/early LP era, and how incredibly they still hold up. Here's to hoping that Mike still has the fire in him to write poetry as pure as those songs.

AndreyKamensky and Dragondust like this.
    LPFan8990

LPFan8990 Member

Just Downloaded this to my Apple Music after finding out about it here, and I’m hoping another album is in the works. I really enjoying PT a lot so it would be cool to see another album out of this.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I personally enjoy how much Mike has adapted to modern flows in hip-hop. The lyrics are pretty run of the mill Shinoda, but he incorporates the rhyme patterns of today so effortlessly, that I dont really care.

I would like to see more detailed lyrics like on The Rising Tied again, but I enjoy how much confidence and charisma he delivers in comparison to his early work.

I definitely would like to see more collabs with more hip-hop artists like Iann tho. And not like "LP fanbase-friendly rap for the fans that don't like rap."

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

It is alright. I agree that it has a kind of "social-media" vibe, if that does make any sense.

Out of all those ones-off (Fine, Open Door, Happy Endings), "Fine" is definitely my favorite.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Ya know, this song has grown on me a bit. It's very nice, a total jam in the car when it's nice and warm out lol

If I had to rank these one-offs: Fine > Happy Endings > Open Door

Dorothy Perks

Dorothy Perks Well-Known Member

I love it when he screams!

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Awesome catchy song imo. I hope it leads us to another album or ep soon. Missed the forums y'all. Good to be back. :)

Deliveranze likes this.