Mike's Solo Album To Be Called "Fort Minor"?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Mike Shinoda will be stopping by Daily Download on FUSE at 6PM Eastern Standard Time, to discuss his new solo album, which at this time has yet to have a release date.

However, recent rumours suggest that Mike's solo album is entitled "Fort Minor". Excitingly enough, a 'whois' on fortminor.com, has revealed that the address is indeed registered to a Mike Shinoda through Sparkart, making this a large possibility. Visit the site to see a flash animation and access to sign up for a mailing list.

We will update you with more information as it becomes available.

Many thanks to Neil and Tasta for this news!

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

w00t my name is on the front page.

Anyway, I'm 99.9% sure that tomorrow on Daily Download Mike's gonna totally confirm this for us, the beat in the background on the site sounds pretty interesting, this is pretty damn exciting, and I hereby defend that LPA had this news before anyone, period, because Neil and I were the first 2 people to find it. :p

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Woot, I feel like a little boy on Christmas eve all over again.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

man that background music sounds pretty awesome, can't wait

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Great stuff, i can't wait. :mike:

Yeah, that was teenie of me.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I'd like to be the first to put out there what a horrible album name "Fort Minor" is. It screams Michael Jackson. :shifty:

No really, I'm jazzed for this. 2005 is going to be an awesome year for rap. Well, for me atleast. New Tech N9ne, Two Canibus albums, and a Mike solo record. Damn right.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Updated the front page with a Fort Minor image (bye bye LPJZ :lol: )

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

im curious as to how you guys found this site.

Fort minor eh. Not sure about it but the website looks weird as lol

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

man i cant wait for the first album to come out..... i love the backroundsound!

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

Man there are so many great Albums coming out this year...I cant wait for Mike to show us what he is made of.

I wonder if Mike will actually go by "Mike Shindoda" or go by some other alias when releasing this album. Be kind of wierd if he did release it under an alter ego.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

thats what i was wondering.

And i wonder why he called the website the name of the album and not the artist name like most websites do.

Astat

Well here's the story on finding the site, lol. I heard that Mike was going to be on Daily Download tomorrow so I checked the Fuse site and confirmed that, and there was a post on the LPU messageboards saying that on today's Daily Download they said something like "Mike Shinoda will be here tomorrow talking about his upcoming solo album Fort Minor."

So I IM'd Neil about this, and he was smarter than me and decided to type in www.fortminor.com and boom, lol. He ran a WhoIs check and found it was a Sparkart site registered to Mike Shinoda, and here we are. :D

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

*Falls out of my chair* ROTFLMAO.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

Well here's the story on finding the site, lol. I heard that Mike was going to be on Daily Download tomorrow so I checked the Fuse site and confirmed that, and there was a post on the LPU messageboards saying that on today's Daily Download they said something like "Mike Shinoda will be here tomorrow talking about his upcoming solo album Fort Minor."

So I IM'd Neil about this, and he was smarter than me and decided to type in www.fortminor.com and boom, lol. He ran a WhoIs check and found it was a Sparkart site registered to Mike Shinoda, and here we are. :D [/b][/quote]
    wow.

i wonder how the LPU person found out about it.

Astat

wow.

i wonder how the LPU person found out about it. [/b][/quote]
    Probably they were just watching Fuse and saw it.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

This actually kind of makes me sad.. I was looking forward this year for Linkin Park to come out with new material. I'm quite tired of the side projects, I wish they would do something interesting and new together. I guess the solo album's pretty cool, but i'm not looking forward to it right now. If it were to come after maybe a new album they made, I might appreciate it and be more excited about it more.

They need to make a new record, I'm sick of hearing Hybrid Theory and Meteora over and over again. :rolleyes:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know, I think it's kinda selfish to say that you wish Mike would push the album back and for them to make and release a new record.

I think they're doing all these sideprojects (I'd hardly call a solo career a sideproject, anyways) because they've been with each other basically non-stop ever since Meteora came out.

Give 'em time. Then you can be disappointed again when the 3rd full length album comes out. :p

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

I agree, LP always takes awhile to sit down and record something new together but hopefully all these side projects and experiences make their next album all the more dynamic and a step up from HT and Meteora but meanwhile keeping the sound that makes them Linkin Park. Hopefully Mike's album lives up to the hype and provides something to tide us all over until the next LP album but I'm confident that it will and of course as a loyal fan I'll be getting it as soon as it comes out without a second thought.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I guess so, I just wish I could hear some new stuff that's all. Hybrid Theory is getting annoying, but I understand there is nothing I can truly do about that.

If Mike really is considering doing this solo project right now, that's fine because it's his decision and I respect that. I can wait for new material, I'm just stating that my patience is wearing thin. It's been two years since they've come out with anything new, so I can't quite help it.

But for now, I'll just be patient for a little while longer. Hopefully, as USAF.07 put it, all these side projects and experiences will make their next album all the more dynamic and a step up from Hybrid Theory and Meteora. ;)

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

I can already see people comparing mike's solo album to the 3rd LP album when it comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.