Minutes To Midnight-Four Years later

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by BlackedOut, Jun 7, 2011.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

It has been four and a half years since MTM has been released (Amazingly). And sort of like the ATS thread, What do you think of the album now? In my opinion, I think the album is good, Not as risky as ATS ( Of course).But still a good album to listen to once in a while.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Shit, has it really been that long?! I find myself listening to this album quite a lot. I think I've emotionally connected to more songs on this album than on any other LP album. It's my second favourite album after ATS.

Best songs:
    In Pieces
    Leave Out All The Rest
    Bleed It Out
    Valentine's Day

I love the ending part of both SOTD and TLTGYA. This is the only LP album where I don't hate any songs from it. So yeah, I'm a pretty big MTM fan.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I haven't listened to it in awhile to be honest.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

MTM has actually almost closed the gap between 2nd and 1st place in my "favorite LP album" list over the past few months. If only Given Up, No More Sorrow, and What I've Done did not exist...

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

Not many people like this album huh? :lol:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I quite like the album actually. I've just been listening to other music instead. :p

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It is still growing on me. It has finally surpassed Meteora for me. It's an album that just has awesome songs on it. But like someone said, NMS, Given Up, and WID are fairly weak compared to the rest.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

After A Thousand Suns came out, it really put MTM in perspective for me. I defended MTM a lot when it came out, now I'm not very high on it at all. Still better than Meteora though.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

How? Isn't LP the only band in the world? :kappa:

Edit: Yeah, but this album was good for the fact that it pushed LP through the Nu Metal/Rap Rock expectations that everyone had, and showed some of the capabilities of band. And that they where not going to fade away like most Nu Metal bands. :D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
    Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Valentine's Day had definitely caught me, I hella love it!

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

It feels like an album with multiple personality disorder. I know Linkin Park wanted to branch out with it, but the album lurches from one song style to another, never establishing its own identity, lost in the whirlwind. Many of you are decrying "What I've Done," but I think the more egregious mistakes are the swings into self-pitying rock-balladry, like "Leave Out All the Rest," "In Between," and especially "Valentine's Day," which might be the worst song they've ever recorded. Almost disgusting in its flaccid plaintive whines, as Chester personifies clouds (!) and whines about being alone. Who snuck Dashboard Confessional into the studio? When the record rocks ("No More Sorrow," "Bleed It Out"), it reminds me of what Linkin Park can do, and I admire the ambition of "The Little Things Give You Away," which feels heartfelt and genuinely affecting, but the album honestly strikes me as one miscalculation after another. I much prefer the focused ambition of A Thousand Suns, which is hardly perfect, but presents its ideas and sonic diversity in a more cohesive and impactful format.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Cool purple prose bro

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I love this album, but it just can't beat ATS lol

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Still feel the same dissapointment everyon did when LP stopped being that LP. I like all of the songs, though WID and NMS are at the bottom of the list. Oh and Mike bashed my boy Bush. Dick. Bleed it Out still rocks, as does In Pieces.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ This.

Still love "Minutes To Midnight" ... but I enjoy "A Thousand Suns" way more. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'm never going to listen to it again. The Little Things Give You Away is all I'm going to take away from it.

Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

I love Minutes to Midnight. The songs are solid in my opinion, and even though it's not really an "album" like ATS, it has songs that are catchy and awesome. That's my thought on it.

JasonJielN

JasonJielN Well-Known Member

It took me a quite long time to get into thís album. Now this is one of my favorite albums aFter HT and ATS. (I love Meteora but it's just like HT, nothing different and impress). MTM is the most rock album of Linkin Park. They used more guitar and drums, less DJing and rapping. The only bad thing is Mike was almost disappear. But Chester's solo songs is really good. Rate this album 8.5/10

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Maybe it's because I'm a huge LP fanboy, but... They haven't put a song on an album that I did not like. Yes, when MTM came out, I was shocked that it wasn't the same as HT/Meteora, however I knew it was going to be different because Mike said it was. He said that there was very little rapping on the new record and that the release of The Rising Tied can make up for that. Which it did. Still loving all of the albums and still listening to them regularly. I remember Chester saying in regards to what his favorite LP song is, that they are kind of like your kids. At one moment, you may like one of them better than the others, but deep down, you love them all... I feel the same way.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I never listened to MTM before ATS was released but after it was released i started listening to it more and i really enjoy it now.