Mom, two daughters shot dead in Montreal

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The_Rising_Tied, Oct 18, 2006.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

MONTREAL -- A Montreal-area neighborhood was rocked on Saturday with the news a mother and her two daughters were found shot to death in their own home.

Police suspect Dragolub Tzokovitch, who was found bleeding in his bedroom, allegedly killed his daughters and wife before turning the gun on himself.

Tzokovitch, a psychologist, was listed in critical condition in a hospital on Saturday night and police said he may not survive.

Police say a handgun was used to kill Iva, 17, her sister Alice, 10, and their mother, Mila Yoynova, 40.

The bodies Alice and Iva were in their respective rooms, while the parents were found in the master bedroom were discovered in the family home just after 11 a.m. after a friend concerned about their safety called 911. Police say it appears the shootings had taken place a few hours earlier.

In a sad coincidence, the Montreal Gazette spoke to Iva after a spate of violent incidences at area schools in 2005.

"We see our school as a safe environment. It just doesn't strike us as possible," Iva was quotes as saying.

A year later, in her upbeat graduation write-up the school yearbook, Iva gave "special thanks" to her parents, mentioned her sibling "my sis" and finished with a quote: "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."

The killings shook the neighbourhood.

"They seemed like really nice, down-to-earth people," said Emily Regimbal, who lives a few doors away from the family.

"It's really scary. It's my neighbourhood, my street. I never would have thought something like that would happen."

The couple, both of Bulgarian origin, had been separated but reconciled about a year ago.

Yoynova, a yoga instructor, bought the house last year.

Tzokovitch, a psychologist and member of the Quebec Order of Psychologists, moved in several months ago, said one of Yoynova's yoga students, who asked that his name not be used.

He said the couple seemed happy and he saw no signs of violence or other problems.

"Even when they were apart, they worried so much about the kids together that you wouldn't even think they were separated," the man said. "She told me they got back together because they loved their kids so much."

He said the couple had been extensively renovating their house, recently adding a yoga studio, garage and a backyard shed.

"They were happy together renovating and working," he said.

Tzokovitch, he added, seemed to be "the nicest guy on Earth, always joking around."

The daughers "were two beautiful young ladies," he added. "Eva was just in her prime, 17, and the little one, Alice, was just a little sweetheart, a real firecracker, with beautiful long hair, always joking around."

Montreal Gazette

Usually i would have something to say. But im speechless right now, I dont kno what this world is comming too.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

man....montreal has something going on...

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's terrible. It doesn't matter whether it was in Montréal or not.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

This shit happens every day in the US, you learn to get used to it

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Unfortunately. It shouldn't happen at all, anywhere.

Sickos like this are what's really wrong with the world today.

The_Rising_Tied

Todd how can u get used to something like that?.. No one in this earth can!

Canadian Joe

Have you ever seen Bowling for Columbine?

The statistics are in there somewhere regarding gun-related deaths in the USA vs a few other countries. IIRC, there's ~140 gun-related deaths in Canada each year, and ~18,000+ in the States each year.

I think that might be what he was getting at...Todd, correct me if I'm wrong.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

You hit the nail on the head.

When there are more gun deaths in the US each day than some countries have each year, I stop giving a shit. It's sad, but I just don't care.

Canadian Joe

I don't blame you for not caring...when it's on the news every single night, you kinda tend to get numb to it after a while.

What really drives me nuts is the people who say they want to be safe, have secure neighbourhoods, etc, and then are the same ones that whine when the words "gun control" are mentioned. Fuck, we have almost as many guns per owner (of those who own guns) as the States does, and yet not even one hundredth of the deaths related to firearms as does our neighbours to the south. To me, it boils down to something more than just the number of guns out there.

Guns do (mostly) nothing but cause hell.

The_Rising_Tied

Well wut can we do? Magically take all the guns away? its really hard to have gun control if you think about it....

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

hard?...it's impossible...

but seriously...when you say those sickos are what's wrong with the world...you need to think about it...they practically RUN the world... :mellow:

:sad:

The_Rising_Tied

I can't do nothing but agree with you frontman c! But if they didn't have guns they'd be useless.