'Mosh'-Lantern

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Ander, Oct 9, 2004.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Uhh..yea.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Eminem's best song? Give me a break. This is by far the worst and most repetitive song Marshall has ever released to the airwaves. I could go on a huge rant, about how much Eminem has disappointed me with all the songs I've heard so far, but I believe my friend said it best:

Like he said I liked him a lot more when he "didn't give a f**k" and kept his head out of politics. Now he's just another celebrity thinking their opinion really matters, when in reality they'll lose money if Kerry comes into office. Their demographic is what's going to be taxed because they make over 200,000 dollars a year. They're so into thinking Bush is bad for them, when they're having a free ride because the upper class isn't getting taxed. I'd almost love to see Kerry get elected and make a big mistake (which I know he's going to do) so I can laugh at each and every one of these celebrities who feel the need to be a political activist all of a sudden.

The Beastie Boys went political and that album is the worst of their career. It isn't near being awful but had they stuck to their roots the album could've been much better then it turned out to be. Then you have Eminem, someone who used to be an amazing rapper and is now just a piece of crap. Yeah I heard "Just Lose It" and I felt like losing it and shooting myself in the head a few times after hearing it. I dont know what's worse, Marshall's weird voice throughout the entire song, that repetitive laugh, or his need to make a stupid noise/voice in every one of his new songs.

My friend's post and my political views have no doubt offended people but I no longer care. I've already voted for Bush and Cheney through absentee ballots and you can be damn sure I don't regret it. Call me an "asshole" call me "naive and uninformed" but I actually did all my research on Kerry and I find him to be a complete joke. Find me wrong on that? Great. It's my choice on who I want to vote for and none of these misguided conspiracy theories I've been hearing are gonna change that.

I used to love Eminem and I thought his past two albums and his 8 Mile work were absolutely great. Now I hear his latest album and just wonder what went wrong. Every track I've heard so far is awful and now I know why Eminem wanted to retire after The Eminem Show. He didn't want to release dull, uninspiring garbage such as this.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

The artists/celebrities who truly understand the situation and are against Bush's policies won't care if they're taxed more. Taxes bring benefits to themselves and other citizens in the form of government services....why is that a bad thing?

And one more thing.....don't do your research on Kerry, do it on the policies...a electing a leader is one thing, but electing a leader on leadership alone is very dangerous when you don't fully analyse their policies. You can be a strong leader for a wrong cause. I suggest you look at the issues (which have been well explained in the SC forum) and do your research on those. Just make sure you don't judge solely on the traits of the leaders ;)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The artists/celebrities who truly understand the situation and are against Bush's policies won't care if they're taxed more. Taxes bring benefits to themselves and other citizens in the form of government services....why is that a bad thing?

And one more thing.....don't do your research on Kerry, do it on the policies...a electing a leader is one thing, but electing a leader on leadership alone is very dangerous when you don't fully analyse their policies. You can be a strong leader for a wrong cause. I suggest you look at the issues (which have been well explained in the SC forum) and do your research on those. Just make sure you don't judge solely on the traits of the leaders ;) [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. The entrie Bush administration is a joke, but people just single out Kerry.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Exactly. The entrie Bush administration is a joke, but people just single out Kerry. [/b][/quote]
    I never said Bush was perfect. Even you said Kerry isn't your prime choice, but you're just supporting him because you dont like Bush's ideas on how to run the country.

To be honest, my choice was Dean. He came under fire for his anti-war views when Kerry and everyone else supported it. Both me and my dad both agreed that had Dean made it all the way through, that he would've gotten our vote.

But now that its only Bush and Kerry, and we've seen a lot of things we dont like with Kerry, we made the decision that the president would be a much better choice.

So no, the Bush administration was not my first choice. I wanted Dean.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

*sigh*

I personally think that Bush has great moral values. But he's made serious mistakes in the war on terror and economics. Kerry may do better on Bush's mistakes, but he's also demonstrated insecurity. Bush has never done that.
    And I'm Latino, I got to care about my benefits. As far as I have seen, none of the candidates is changing policies on immigrancy or South America....like they always do....but anyways, I don't vote...

I think I just liked Eminem's song because of the video. I think that if I would have heard it on the radio, I'd think it would suck.

EDIT: Yeah, Derek, Dean would have been really good...