Mouse not is not working!

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Chris, Aug 15, 2008.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yesterday when I turned on my PC my mouse was nowhere to be found, so I connected the mouse from my laptop and then it worked. Today when I turned on the PC there was a mouse on the screen, but if i wanted to move the mouse, it didnt really worked. He just goes his own way or stays at the left/right of the screen. Even if I connected the mouse from the laptop, it still does what he wants to do :(

Anyone knows whats wrong? Thanks :)

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Plug the problem mouse into another computer. If it goes all crazy again, try cleaning it. If it's a ball mouse (Its 2008, I hope it isn't) - clean it out. If it's a optical or laser, then blow in it, or use a Q-tip and clean the lens gently.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's a ball mouse :blush: I think the problem lays at the plug-in from the problem mouse. I'll plug it out, restart it and plug it in, maybe that will work.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Yeah if the mouse is giving you issues on both your laptop and PC, it's the mouse. It's definitely not bad drivers if it's a ball mouse connection. Check and see if any of the pins are bent.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I don't even have to read past that to tell you to immediately throw it out the window. Laser mice are like $10 or less now? Get with the times. :p

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Is it a Ps2 mouse? Maybe the connceter to it is broken. I dunno blow the dust out of it and plug the mouse back in.. That worked for me once.. yeah.