MTV: Chester Discusses New Single "Burn It Down"

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

That was amazing.

2. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Now I'm reading everything as a fart joke.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You're welcome. Mission accomplished!

4. unknown1019

unknown1019 Member

Maik gianino expressed a decent thought/concern and everyone in the immature conversation shot him/her down for it. Reading Lp news and fan reactions is the relaxing part of my day. But instead I have to read through a pile of nonsense conversations by a few who dont understand that we're primarily for lp and not for the public display of jokers. There are off topic chats and forums for that. I understand that we all need to relax and let loose, but here is not the right place. Keep lpa's professionalism and integrity. Otherwise, when ppl only have 10-15 minutes to read substantial conversations, lpa is not the place to be.

5. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Alright guys, we've had our fun. Let's get back to the topic at hand! :)

6. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

There's thousands of posts that disagree with that. I'm pretty sure this is like the biggest fan forum for LP around. If you want the news, the first page is great for that. But by page 20 there's not much left to talk about until some new news surfaces. I think you're making a bigger deal of it than it is.

7. Derek

We were having a good time and unwinding after the stress of our downtimes yesterday that had a lot of us on edge. We usually do have very thought provoking conversations (as the over 35 pages in the RUMOR: Burn It Down thread will show), and while our posts occasionally veer off topic here, we always eventually get back to discussing the topic at hand. I'm sorry if our fooling around offended you or made you lose respect for the site, as we're only trying to have a good time with the fans. Sometimes it's good to let loose every once and a while.

Nonetheless, as Mark said, it's time to get back on topic. No more fart jokes people.

8. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Thanks for being the voice of reason.

9. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Yes please :) So Burn It Down.. eh?

10. Derek

We always intended to get back on topic, we just wanted to have a little bit of fun.

So anyways, what does everyone think Chester is referring to with "electronic melodies"? Discuss.

11. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I don't know, I still think those snippets we found a while ago are real. I mean, two separate pieces of the song were found on completely different websites not from the same country,and they fit together perfectly. Plus, the second snippet kind of sounds like something Linkin Park would do.

12. Derek

Mike Shinoda has stated they're fake, Jim Digby (one of their managers) have stated they're fake, and even Adam has stated they're fake. Why would 3 people go out of their way to prove a real clip as fake, if fans were going to hear snippets in just two weeks anyways? The clips are fake. Not only that, they really don't sound good, they're awful and they're amateur at best. I could do better.

13. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I guess you're right. I don't know, Mike is kind of a troll when it comes to Twitter, I feel like when the song actually comes, he'll be like "Oh I didn't see that video." The song isn't too bad, but it could be better. Whatever, I think I'm done speculating over the song, too much crap going on...

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Must... resist...

Anyways, based on the tweet from that one dude about the song, I'm definitely stoked. Mid-April cannot come soon enough!

15. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Those clips are 100% real, everyone. 100% really fake.

16. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

When we first got some news from, I want to say Chester, about the songs being high energy and such, I was thinking we were getting a few "Bleed It Out"s. Now with "electronic melodies," I think it's going to be some kind of combination between The Catalyst and Bleed It Out. I don't know how anyone could pull that off, the stripped down sound Bleed It Out and the fast-paced electronic placements on The Catalyst, but leave it to LP to pull it off. Like I said in the rumor thread, I think this might be their best album yet (without even hearing it, wow I turned into a fanboy) just because I have very high expectations for it. They are comfortable and aren't straying away from anything that comes in, and without the weekly meetings being so tedious, they'll actually be able to let go and abandon the "perfectionist" mentality.

17. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Oh, lol the fart jokes... I know April really can't come fast enough...

18. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he knows what the fakes are. I don't think any of us have heard any part of the real song yet.

19. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound that professional, besides we only have to wait a little while until we hear the full thing!

20. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Not meaning to drag this off topic again, but I think all future LPA Weddings should sound something like this. There's always one awkward guy who takes a boombox to a wedding...

http://soundcloud.com/m_macdonald/lpa-wedding-march

Back on topic: Much excitement for the new single, but suddenly, April 16th seems a looooong way away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.