My LP Collection

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by HybridT, Feb 2, 2016.

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Hi! I want to start a real LP collection. I have only studio albums. (Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns, A Thousand Suns + Madrid 2010, Living Things, Recharged and The Hunting Party). But I want to purchase every single LP official release that is possible. So I have a couple of questions.

1. Where can I purchase LP releases? (recommend me some websites) Example: non-studio albums, live albums (here in my country I can't find this albums), LP Underground albums? (I mean the old ones), posters, and other stuff...
    2. Are there people who sells the Hybrid Theory EP? If so, where?
    3. Can you tell me your experiences with your LP collection? Like how did you get them, and where...

I would really appreciate your help. I would love to have a real LP collection, not just the studio albums.

Thanks in advance ;)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Since "Minutes To Midnight", I've essentially been buying Linkin Park albums as they release. A couple of the more recent ones, such as "A Thousand Suns", I pre-ordered to take advantage of bonus content offers; the rest, I just walked into a store and purchased because, all things equal, it's faster and cheaper. From hereon in, I actually expect to be buying physical editions (in general) less often in favour of digital copies.

Ones I got especially late: I bought "Hybrid Theory" and the jewel-case edition of "Live in Texas" in 2010 before "A Thousand Suns" dropped. Nearly ten years after becoming a fan of the band. :)

I don't care for posters anymore, and I've never been concerned about physical editions of Linkin Park Underground EPs. I signed up to the fanclub recently just to get the latest one digitally.

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

I actually just purchased their entire discography recently, and it was fairly simple to get a hold of all of the CD's....except the HT Ep (sadly), LPU2-4, LPU6, and LPU12. Those are the only CD's that are extremely hard to find, and when you do find them, they're extremely expensive (I saw LPU2 and 3 going for $120 on eBay EACH). I didn't think they were worth that much physically so I got their digital copies from the LPU store.

But, to answer your questions:

1. Amazon has all the studio albums, remix albums, AND the live albums. LPU albums are all available on the LPU store for pretty cheap: 5, 7-11, and 13-15 can be bought as CD's.
    2. I've seen people on eBay claiming to have the HT EP, but it was never sure if it was a bootleg or not so be careful. But eBay is the only place that has the physical version. You can get the digital download as LPU1 on the LPU store.
    3. Got them all from Amazon and the LPU store. I love my collection as it looks quite awesome having all of the CD's assembled on my dresser :) its well worth the investment!

This is what my collection looks like just so you know what you'll be getting if you go through with it. It's really damn awesome!!!! :bradwink:

image.jpg

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Nice collection!

Seeing them all laid out like that reminded me how same-y LP's album covers are, especially since MTM (white background + black/grey feature). Really funny how LPU8 jumps out as one of the only times they've ever put colour on an album cover. :lol:

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

I've actually always liked the same-yness of their covers; they perfectly illustrate the type of music contained within the album. To me that's really the purpose of the artwork, after all :)

But damn do I LOVE LPU8. It's hilarious and refreshing to hear them making random, stupid, yet happy music

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Wow! Nice collection! Thanks for answering my questions I really appreciate it. I will see what can I do and then I'll send pictures ;)

KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

No problem! Good luck!

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Discogs and Ebay.