My review of ATS

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ana, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

11:54: word.

2. JEC_2390

JEC_2390 New Member

They are not using auto-tune. it's something creates more of an echo effect.

3. Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Ummmmm, you're being a huge dick. The guy just wanted more of Mike's rapping on the album, which we haven't had for a while. And if I wanted to listen to those genres there is NO way in fuck that I would listen to any of those artists.

4. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

Im gonna ask BlackChester to ask the question about the guests on the album.
    (He's at the press conference tomorrow)

and the catalyst is the perfect choice as the first single. Even if it's the end of the "journey". Lift me up let me go has to been seen as the moment when everything is over.

5. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

i find that he makes a good point. we seem to be getting more posts complaining on how there is a lack of rapping on LP music nowadays, and we already got that. it gets to be rather annoying at times, since those posts state the obvious, over and over and over again. When it comes to Linkin Park, they can choose whatever music they want to put out, and it will still have the "Linkin Park Sound" no matter how different is is, or lacking in any rap whatsoever.

6. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Moviten said he's disappointed there doesn't seem to be much rapping on there. That's it. Pretty reasonable in all honesty, and not really worth getting so hung up and presumptuous over.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  7. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

iwrestledabearonce isn't hardcore as much as they are grindcore my friend hahah

8. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Annoying or not, why should you, I, or anyone else care? It's just an opinion. There's no reason for anyone to get so defensive.

9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Your defense is offensive.

10. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

because you would think that after three years, people would get over it.

11. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If you like a band and you like a particular element of their music, it stands to reason that you'd like to hear more of it ideally, and it doesn't automatically mean that you can't move on. Mike even said that chances are there'd be more rapping on this album, and rapping on three tracks could be more but probably not by much, if at all. It might even be less. Feeling disappointed at that is perfectly reasonable whether or not you are, and it shouldn't be cause for jumping down someone's throat.

12. Ant

Ant Ambient

Best post I've read in weeks. haha

13. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

Thank you CTH.

If Mike had made no comments about rapping appearing on the album, I wouldn't even make note of the fact I am disappointed with the lack of it. My disappointment stems from the fact he made the comments that there'd be more rap when in reality there isn't (or isn't enough to be note worthy). What is the big deal with me saying "Oh that's disappointing?"

Another thing: What is with this idea that liking an artist means you like, accept and are completely with every single thing they do? You only liked the artist to begin with because you dug their music. That doesn't mean to be a fan you're suppose to like everything they do after that. It makes no sense at all. Opinions are what helped make the band become popular, so allow people to have opinions. This notion of real fans is ridiculous and is in favor of blindly supporting, which really, makes no sense. That isn't to say I won't love this next album or anything like that. It's just to say that it isn't guaranteed. And why should it be? They are artists, I listen to their music, I either like it or I don't, it says nothing about me or my being a fan of their work (new or old).

All that aside I am really looking forward to this album and hope the best from it. Sorry if I offended anyone by stating I was disappointed with something, didn't mean to, I was just sharing my opinion.

14. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You're getting a warning for that

I understand your frustration, but remember there are rules here. Please in future voice your disagreement in more respectful way and keeping within the forum rules.

Everyone else needs to chill out a little aswell. Less of the antagonism please, 11:54.

15. The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

antagonism are not a bad thing.
    people just have to transform them into agonism.

16. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

From what I recall Mike accompanied those comments with things to the effect of "but we could write 50 songs with rapping on them but then choose the 10 songs that didn't have rapping for the album, so anything I say about rapping is void" or some such.

17. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Wow.

18. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

No worries 11:54, you were absolutely NOT being a dick :)

19. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Dicks are okay

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Not to be a dick or anything, but:

Songs in Minutes to Midnight with rapping: 2
    Songs in A Thousand Suns with rapping: 3

Technically, there is more rapping. He was true to his word.