My story with Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by GuliaLuna, Jul 15, 2013.

GuliaLuna

GuliaLuna Well-Known Member

I became a LP fan of Setemper of 2011. Over that summer, my cousin told me about them. I loved their song New Divide and decided to get into their music. At that time I had a computer which had thousands I songs. I had every LP song and synced it to my iPod. This year, things got really tough for me. I was bullied at school for being an easy target and for my Italian background. The bullying was kind of an off and on thing. I was bullied in my reading class by this boy. Who called me mean names and said mean things to me. He called me ugly, weird, annoying and would harass\bully me in front of the whole class. I would come home from school upset. Valentines day of 2013 was my worst day ever. I was harassed in reading again and as usual, the teacher did nothing about it. I was really upset and got many anxiety attacks because of the bullying. When I would listen to LP, I felt happy and I knew things were going to be okay. I also felt so much comfort from the band's music.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I think the band put it best when they wrote the line "May your love never end and if you need a friend, there's a seat here alongside me." It's important to keep your spirits up, especially while going through school. It is easy for me to say this now, but, there is a bigger and brighter world after school. Like you, I was bullied in school. This is going back over a decade ago, but, I was able to find inspiration from Hybrid Theory to keep chugging on. If it wasn't for this band, I have no idea where I would be today. They've helped me in so many ways, it is nearly impossible to name them all. Thank you for sharing your story. :)

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Probably some of the most important lyrics the band has ever written. Whether you're dealing with relationship problems, parental issues, bullying/harassing, great loss or death, Linkin Park will always be there anyone in need. Their music has definitely been the most revitalizing I've ever listened to. There's a reason "In Pieces" is my number one most listened to track by far. It got me through an incredibly rough time which I can never thank the band enough for.

sophieLPSoldier

sophieLPSoldier Member

This is why I love Linkin Park, the fact that 6 guys can have such a big impact on millions of lives with their music.