Music My voice

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Vinifeijo, Jun 13, 2018.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Hey guys. Please be gentle and sincere.

I really never tried to sing in my life, too shy and didn't really put effort because i sounded awful.

Recently i started singing out loud on my car, really trying to hit the right notes and using more power without shame. It felt nice and i thought i could be going somewhere.

I never did any vocal lessons or really tried myself to sing. But today i recorded myself with my smartphone for the first time, just fooling around. First try, didn't even recorded a second time.

Could you please listen to it and tell me if i have any chance to get good vocals out of myself? I mean, if it sounds a little bit okay, i could go and do some vocal lessons to really learn it.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1h4s8sjT6sl
    (i intentionally shortened out the song)

Again, i have no professional or music theory knowledge at all. Just want to know if i sound horribly awful or there's any chance to improve and be good.

I can do some rough loud vocals too, mostly drive (scream is harder for me). Maybe i can record one of those and upload.

Thanks.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Your tone is okay, so there's potential. You just gotta learn to stay within a key, and perhaps to stay on rhythm if you can't do that already

Try recording yourself singing over an instrumental, see how that goes

Vinifeijo likes this.
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1i2OpcM4k1H

hahahaha i tried but that sounds horrible, doesn't fit with the rhythm and key at all. But i really enjoyed recording and adding some random effects on Adobe Audition. Gonna keep doing that for fun.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I think most people can learn to sing moderately with a lot of practice. I am not one of those people. Maybe you are.