Mysterious Information

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Minty Loops, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Minty Loops

Minty Loops Well-Known Member

30 minutes ago I got a strange message directly to my account on reddit. Not through a thread or post. The account it was sent from was deleted so I can't contact the person about it. This is the text it contained.

"Pass this on to the LPAssociation crew

I was at a recent listening session, we were asked to rate the songs out of 10 in questionnaires.. the title was not revealed to us. I won't give away too much but Mike and Brad were there, they signed some of our stuff at the end :) Okay so basically.. it's the "sister" album to A Thousand Suns. It's like a hybrid of Living Things, ATS and MTM but less heavy/gritty than those. A LOT of ambient stuff going on across all tracks, which is why I call it the sister to ATS. The sound design/production reminded me a lot of Kanye West's Life Of Pablo. First track is very ambient, similar to The Radiance from ATS.. a gradual build up, more of an intro than anything else. Second track is "Heavy" which features a couple of female verses, very Living Things-esque.. reminded me of Powerless. Track 3 starts off heavy, a massive throwback to their Hybrid Theory days.. then it pulls a complete 180 and a lot of african/live percussion comes in. Super emotional track, their best work in years.. finishes more electronic/emotional like Breaking The Habit. I'm guessing this will be the second or third single after Heavy. When it heads into the middle, it sounds far closer to Minutes To Midnight. Tracks 4-6 are three parts to one track "Love Skies" (possible album title?) The last two acts feature drum solos and guitar solos, I think Phoenix or Brad are singing at some point.. it definitely wasn't Mike or Chester all the way through. The third act of the album (tracks 7-11) were again, very similar sylistically to Living Things, but the track 7 was super Meteora-like in it's sound. Tracks 8-11 are a progression of the Living Things sound with more edge to it.. more ambience and generally a more mature version of that sound. I'm pretty sure two of these tracks may be singles. I can tell you all this will be their best work since ATS, but fans of their heavier stuff (Hybrid Theory, The Hunting Party) will be pissed.
    The tracklist, I tried to remember the track titles (these were written on the handouts we were writing feedback on) unfortunately we were being supervised at all times so I couldn't take any pictures.
    Sunlight
    Heavy (feat. Kiiara)
    Threw It All Away OR Throw It All Away (one of those)
    Love Skies (1st Movement)
    Love Skies (2nd Movement)
    Love Skies (3rd Movement)
    Wizard Track (or Wizard Song?)
    unable to remember this one :(
    Reflects Back
    Survival
    Waves
    They will announce the release date and open pre-orders VERY soon."

Could this all be true? If so, why was it sent to me specifically? I'd like to hear your thoughts. I don't have faith in this being true. I'm just looking for explanations.

P.S. I'm not too familiar with the rules of these threads but if this is considered a leak and it's not allowed, I apologize.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

100% fake. it's just a troll.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I give them credit for knowing enough Linkin history to pop in 'Wizard Song'.

Minty Loops

I'm assuming you're saying that's fake. But they could've resurrected it and used it as a demo title. Or just a different song using that title.I don't have faith in this being true. I'm just looking for explanations.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Fuck that, I'm holding out hope that their new "risky and honest" album has the original, fleshed out Wizard Song on it. About panthers and magic hats.

Fuck your honesty, gimme Wizard Song.

Iopia, Sasuke and Minty Loops like this.
    Minty Loops

Maybe that song was too honest for past albums. So they brought it back for an immensely honest album. They're telling the raw truth about wizards and their struggle in society.

Iopia likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:rolleyes:

You're being played.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

:lol: Gotta love new album idiocy. How convenient that Heavy is the only song out of the bunch with a previously-known working title...and the Wizard Song being on there removes any doubt that this is fake.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I hope they will add Pictureboard as well... maybe after 20 years they finally have enough money to buy the rights for that sample

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, we're just going to close this thread to avoid humouring any of this ridiculous bullshit. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is 'mysteriously'.........fake as ****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.