Nas

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Whimsicality, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I'm not much of a rap fan...I don't actually own a rap album, although tracks tend to creep into my mix CDs...

Anyway, from what I've heard of Nas, he sounds pretty good, but I know he's got quite a few albums out and I wanted to know what you all thought was the best....

My favorite Nas song (out of the few I've heard) is "One Mic" and my least favorite is "I Know I Can."

Thanks in advance,
    Lyn

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

My favorite Nas albums are "It Was Written" and "I Am..." because the songs on both are better than all the other albums. My favorite Nas song ever...hmm, that's a noodle-scratcher. I guess "Message," "We Will Survive," and "Nas Is Like" are my favorite songs.

Nas is quite the rapper.

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

my favorite Nas song of all time is "one mic"..it just speaks the truth about alot of things

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

He has no right to call himself "God's son" therefore I don't listen to him.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

I'd have to agree with you there.

PP:KUt

PP:KUt Banned

well if ud listen to his music(which i guess ya dont), u'd see why he does call himself gods son...hes just got his own style of music, he isnt like other rappers.....techincally, arent we ALL gods sons??

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

well if ud listen to his music(which i guess ya dont), u'd see why he does call himself gods son...hes just got his own style of music, he isnt like other rappers.....techincally, arent we ALL gods sons?? [/b][/quote]
    Actually, I like to think of myself as "God's Most Hated". Not to go into any religious details, my relatives call me "Satan's Son" instead because I am an atheist :p. But more on topic, I don't care for his music, but that's only because his rap is kind of like Eminem's, but more serious and less... blunt? I don't know his music that well, but from what I heard, his rap is like other rap artists like (I think) Tricky? I don't remember that rapper's name who raps to dark beats, but yeah, he reminds me of that dude :wth:.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Im athiest and normally don't give a flying #### about anyone's religious beliefs, but I agree, he doesn't have any right to call himself that, it's just too offensive to the billions of people in the world who do believe in god.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I don't give a !@#$ if Nas calls himself "God's tiolet." Keaton, I think you're way out of line comparing him to Eminem and any fan of either one can probably tell you the same.

MaDd BoKo 03

MaDd BoKo 03 Banned

ok first off lets do this...his fathers name was jesus....so jesus and god mix in together...and thats why his name is gods son on the album...because he is jesus's son...understand?

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Understand? Are you kidding me?

Jesus and God mix in together? I had no idea they were mixable solutions - gee, who knew?!

This isn't chemistry and your view on why Nas calls himself God's son has lost me.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

My opinion was not "out of line". My opinion just stated that I think his sound is like other rappers... I didn't diss him, and I didn't insult him. And even though I'm not religious I don't think it's right to title yourself as "Gods" whatever... I'm not trying to make hate here, Neo, so don't get upset... I'm not trying to bash Nas, I'm comparing him to other rap artist. Okay, my comparisons may be shallow, but it's the best to my ability. The reason I started listening to less rap was because it was the same stuff over and over again, and I don't want people to think of me as a rap hater, I just don't listen to it. But more on the topic, I do think he sounds like that other rapper (who's name I shall find out). I do know he talks about things people never say, and now days, that's the music biz, I just don't think that it's anything new. In this new age of music, almost everything has been covered and any artist will be compared.

I'm sorry if I sound so shallow in the rap department, but I am just stating what I feel. I don't hate his music, I just stated my opinion toward his music. I mean atleast I don't go around saying "your music sucks ass and you should be killed"... I'm just a big music critic and more on religion, I still don't think that he should title himself higher than anyone because that could start controversy.

But I'm respecting what you guys think, so don't get harsh on me for my opinion, please.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I hate the majority of rap music today. In fact, the last Nas album I gave a head's up to was "I Am..." back in 1999. I have 2 more of his albums after that one (downloaded of couse), but I've only scanned through them quickly. I should have elongated myself.

I don't give a !@#$ if Nas calls himself "God's tiolet." It's still ignorant to give yourself a title using God's name like that. So I agree with you there Keaton. I only disagree with you saying Eminem and Nas are similar because they're not.

I agree with you on the other stuff about rap sounding the same and whatnot.

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

I don't know if you know [maybe some of you know] but for those who does not know they should start knowing ;) If you didn't get confused proceeed --> My real name is Nas [believe it or not :whistle:]

Will

Who cares?

That has nothing to do with this topic.

Stay on topic or be warned.

Datcwazy

Datcwazy Active Member

One mic is his best song, but the Thugz Mansion (acoustic remix) is pretty good too.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Oh yeah, I like that song too, but it's not his song though. It's 2pac feat. Nas, so it kind of doesn't count.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Nas. Nas is a very good rapper. I own his latest CD, God's Son. I think that he is an awesome rapper and that CD is awesome too. He talks about many things that make sense in life. He called his CD God 's Son because he is religious. By the way, everybody on Earth is God's son. But mainly he calls himself "God's son" because he is trying to change/save the world by his music, just like God once did. So he is God's son. He explains himself clearly on the song name "I Can" about giving advice to teenagers and trying to inspire teens....

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Wow, this turned into an angry thread. lol.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions.

Will

Yet there's a PA sticker on his album.

:rolleyes:

YEAH, I'M A RELIGIOUS ######! PRAISE THE GOD DAMN LORD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.