NASTIL Collection (Unofficial Album)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Tocaraca, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

Unofficial as in I made it :D
    Stands for NON-ALBUM SONGS THAT I LIKE. It also has songs from other bands, but they are all something to do with Linkin Park.
    I put in in the 'Various Artists', as putting it in 'Linkin Park' isn't potentially correct.
    Anyway, I am going to do a track by track analysis. I'll see what you think of it :D

1: Debris
    This is the song I happened to put as no. 1. I like the way it sounds like a pop song from the instrumental, then the rapping comes in. Mike wasn't bad in this song with his rapping, but I've heard better raps from him. It's still a good verse though. Not a fan of the fact that the second verse is empty, without vocals. It feels like the song is unfinished. If they put another rap there, or maybe even a part by Chester I would give the song 5 stars. The bridge section isn't half bad, and I like the extra drum part in the last chorus. Doesn't even sound like this song has a snare drum part in this :eek:

2: Part Of Me (Demo) Exclusive Version
    [video=youtube;uw-y_9zYxQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-y_9zYxQ8[/video]
    I don't suppose anyone knows about this version of the song. best version of the song by far. It's like a mashup of the 2 Part Of Me versions we know, except the rap is higher pitched, and a lot of the verse has epic doubling effects. That pre-chorus, chorus and bridge section has some epic heavy guitar material, that you can't hear as well in the released version of Part Of Me. The video is of the old version with static, and somebody managed to take out the static here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36396

3: Blackbirds
    I have the version without the rap intro and I'm not going to change it :kappa:
    This is a beautiful song. The drums are a bit repetitive, but I love Chester's vocals here. So much passion. Is the instrumental at the start a guitar? The rap bridge section is as good as the Burn It Down and Keys To The Kingdom raps. Which is good :D not as good as I Have Not Begun though

4: High Voltage (Live In London 2001)
    [video=youtube;KhZrxvNPqyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhZrxvNPqyA[/video]
    The live version kicks ass compared to the studio version. The instrumental is 10 times better, it doesn't have that weird speech before the bridge section, Chester singing in the bridge section isn't muffled, and the last chorus is epic with the crowd involvement. The way the second chorus has metal in the second half and how the last chorus has the synth noise in the second half is awesome. The song builds up to awesomeness. The studio version isn't bad, but it's nothing compared to LIVE.

5: I Have Not Begun
    This is the most skilled rap Mike has ever done. I enjoy Dedicated more, but this song is just badass. The lyrics are... nothing special, all he's doing is telling people that he's better than you :| The instrumental has weird noises, come on man, planes flying over? Cricket echo noises in the night (that's what is sounds like)?! The outro is glitchy, which I think fits just before Across The Line.

6: Across The Line
    It starts awesome. The first verse creates an atmosphere of darkness and pain. The chorus has no flaws, and the instrumental building up in the second verse is good; then the next chorus is nice and heavy. The bridge section doesn't really change much from the chorus, and it doesn't even sound like there's a guitar there; until the epic scream in the second part of the bridge section, which is epic. The next chorus and extended bridge section is nice and heavy and good for an outro of a song that I had never heard before I started looking for non-album songs.

7: Pretend To Be
    The intro starts with a pop like guitar part, which is beautiful. Then Chester's beautiful voice comes in, with nice drums, which I'm pretty sure are live ones. This was immediately one of my favourite non-album songs I had ever heard. The chorus is followed by an even more beautiful guitar part. Then the second chorus, which actually can get boring unless I am listening to it at a high volume. I think it would have been better with harmony in the 'ohhhhh' and 'soooo' parts, and maybe 'why do I have to take this' could also have mike singing that part as well. The next chorus is good, and the bridge section has what it needs; harmony. No lyrics, just singing. The only thing I don't like the is the way the song ends so suddenly. It should end a bit like Not Alone does, with the drums disappearing.

8: No Roads Left
    I talked about this on the session thread, but whatever. When the singing comes in, I can tell Mike is going to be singing a lot of it, but then the pre-chorus tells me something different about Mike.
    He can sing!
    Well, we all knew that, but... this is something entirely different. So much passion in this singing, I sometimes wonder why Rebellion was so crap live :( The guitar loop gets kind of boring, but in the second verse there is a synthesizer part that makes it better. Just before the last chorus the way he sings 'fear and flaws' is so awesome.

9: What We Don't Know
    This song is completely different than the last 2 songs I just talked about. The piano and synthesizer in the intro are great, and the singing in the verse is nothing special, but the chorus is epic! What I like about the pre-chorus is the doubling effects (it might be harmony with Mike singing as well, I can't tell). The bridge section is decent, and it's good the song actually has a proper bridge section, unlike No Roads Left. The next part of the bridge section (the differed chorus without drums) sounds kind of cheesy, but it's alright. Then we get the last chorus, which I actually think is a bit flawed. It should have been the normal chorus, with original lyrics.

10: Not Alone
    Just beautiful. I like the clapping in the background. Chester's performance in this is great. I think that the drums could either be live or not, it's hard to tell as you can kind of hear the cymbals; or else it just sounds like it and it's just an effect of the drum machine :\ The synthesizer solo is decent, and I like how it's also present in the outro of the song, vaguely.

11: Change
    The last song of LPU XIII? I didn't mark it as by Linkin Park, I just put it as by Beta State in my iTunes library :kappa: Anyway, the performance is just powerful here...
    No. 11 used to be She Couldn't, but I got bored by that so I replaced it with this. What, it's my album, I can change it if I want :D Anyway, I actually like the verse more than the chorus, but it's all good. And this song doesn't sound like Linkin Park actually did anything here. Did they? Please tell me :p

12: It's Going Down
    'Watch them flee; hip hop heads' 'Then you do it like this'
    That is how the song starts lol. Samples from other songs there. It has actually been done live before, search it up. The rap is one of Mike's best, along with High Voltage, Dedicated, I Have Not Begun, and Step Up. The lyrics are... I have no idea really. Nothing special. Classic rap lyrics. LOL.

13: Walking Dead (feat. Chester Bennington)
    By DJ Z_Trip. This song is in the fanmade album Unwanted Truth. Chester's singing in this is powerful, especially in the verses. At first I thought it was by Linkin Park... it's not. The lyrics seem to be him talking to a zombie or something, according to the title 'Walking Dead'. Chester was perfect for this song, I couldn't imagine anyone else singing this song. 'I'll tell your desire' is an interesting line lyrically.

14: New Divide
    The intro is... Transformersy. Yep. I made a new word. Beat that.
    This song is similar to I'll Be Gone. I like the instrumental and the singing, both are fitting and pretty good. And did you know that this song was done live and it sounded exactly like the studio version, except with the crowd singing part? The bridge section is decent, but I like the rest of the song better. The way the first half of the last chorus is soft is like in I'll Be Gone. The song is good overall.

15: Hardly Breathe (feat. Chester Bennington)
    A song by Hydroponikz. I think he is the rapper, and then of course you know when Chester comes in. The instrumental is interesting, and the rap is good, not as good as Mike, but enjoyable to listen to. The lyrics are meaningful, and I don't see how they would be cheesy. The chorus is a good performance from Chester, and then comes in the most beautiful verse I have ever heard in my life. This is the best performance that Chester is have done IMO.

16: Step Up
    On my list of Mike's best raps. What he is talking about is, obviously, about rock and hip-hop and emcees and everything you've heard in The Hunting Party...
    I don't know when this song was released. Anyone know? Anyway, I think the instrumental of the verses and the bridge section is awesome, and the chorus isn't anything special, but I don't really see anything bad about this song. Apart from; 'Using the waves of sound; the true master paralyses his opponent, leaving him vulnerable to attack'. I don't see the point in that bit. The line by that female computer voice in the bridge section isn't actually too bad, it just sounds like she is trying to rap. Which... kind of worked... I'm not sure. The outro is actually where you find the line in It's Going Down 'then you do it like this' by Mr Hahn.

All of the songs in this album I like; as you can tell. It is present in the name 'Non-Album Songs That I Like, LOL.
    Please tell me what you think of what I think and what you think of the songs and the order and my choice of songs and whatever, it would be appreciated. :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    Marilau likes this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No offense but if people aren't interested, you can't force them to be. Also, don't double post just because you feel that your opinion HAS to be acknowledged, it's also a good idea to not do so in general unless it's a type of News Thread or a Collection of your works in Your Projects.

For what it's worth, I don't think that the collection of songs that you have there would make a good LP album. I'd say the only tracks on there that I really love are No Roads Left and I have not Begun. I also quite enjoy Change, but that is not really an LP song.

So, sorry if my opinion is quite a bit more negative than you were hoping for but it is my opinion regardless.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I would answered earlier , but cant watch (or listen to the videos) because my audio dont work. I would change Blackbirds and Step Up. 8-10 is a cool idea i think. As the whole list :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Written by the mastermind that brought you this post:

So don't fucking complain.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

:popcorn:

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Step Up was from Hybrid Theory EP.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:blink:

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Sometimes i am in my bathroom and think "damn, i forgot my pizza outside"

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

We are the fortunate ones.Who've never faced opression's gun.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

What date is this album released on iTunes?

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Prior to this list I didn't know Chester was involved in a track called walking dead, so thanks again. You should use google more instead of just trusting info on fanmade albums though.

Also, not to be too rude but I told you so. :shrug:

Tocaraca

Darude - Sandstorm
    Thanks for the feedback, that's all I wanted :D
    I don't understand this comment :kappa:
    I didn't do it in the 'Session' style, so... what you said in the pm doesn't really count towards this topic.
    Comebacks, m8.
    Thank you for the information.
    More in the Session thread than Here.

polleo

Nice that you put so much thought into it :) Also, I didn't that there's a exclusive part of me version?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

There isn't. That's fanmade.

Tocaraca

No it isn't, otherwise it wouldn't have different lyrics in the first verse, and there wouldn't be doubling effects in the rap of the bridge section.
    The person who made it would have also taken out the fuzzing noise.

polleo

Tocaraca

It is the one I was talking about, as he said about Static at the end of the album.
    And I just listened to it.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Tocaraca likes this.
    Tocaraca

Tocaraca

bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.