New Album "Dark and spooky, poppy and very melodic".

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    broken-voices

broken-voices New Member

im not gonna judge it until i hear it.by the way im sure that its gonna be harder than we thought...at least i hope so.

dudeman_OG

dudeman_OG Well-Known Member

That would be bad...
    And that too. I would like somewhere in between HT and Meteora, personally, but I'm sure whatever they do, if it's not one of those bad things, I'm gonna be behind them 100%

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

regardless, this album will show which way Linkin Park are going for good.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Rick Rubin isn't Don Gilmore, sorry.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

yeah, Gilmore had a nice run with that thought but I'm sure Rubin will turn it around.

ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

yea, if this album is bad, im sure that linkin park will have as fourth as many hardcore fans than they did in 2001

Ant

Ant Ambient

Why is everyone thinking Chester is toying with us? Do you honestly think the first thing that comes to his mind during an interview is, 'hey, let's just fool around with the fans, because I read LP Association all the time and I just want to get their panties in a knot!'?

I bet he's telling the truth. How many times have they outright said something wrong through the media unless it was obviously a joke or sarcasm? I don't see any problem with it, either. I also don't see how it contradicts his previous statements -- being dark and spooky can have screaming in it, and hard rock isn't always screaming (he may be referring to the instrumentals). And since when has Linkin Park not been "poppy"?

So far, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Not exact pants-on-fire kind of news, IMO, but still news.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I love you Ant. Exactly what I was thinking.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I think it'll sound somewhat like the Hybrid Theory EP. It was very dark, melodic, wasn't too heavy, and they weren't watered down.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Why not? We all know that Mike reads the MBs so we can't rule out that Chester does aswell.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I still think Chester is fooling us, but not just trying to fool the LPA like Ant so sarcastically suggested, but just the internet in general. It's 2006, not 2000. The internet has moved up in importance since the age of Napster back then, you know. It's entirely possible.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

If Chester was lying, I'm sure he'd be more extreme or say something more unexpected than he did. Everything he said makes sense in terms of a realistic sound of music they're making. We all know that they are moving away from the rock/rap style so what other sound would you expect?

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I don't think they ever said they were moving away from the rap/rock style did they? I thought they just said they were going experiment with some new sounds but it would still sound like Linkin Park... I think Chester was serious. Maybe there's a couple songs with lots of screaming and the rest of the album is more poppy and melodic? Or maybe it's poppy melodic screaming.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Here are two reasons as to why we probably can't take Chester seriously.

A) Chester is known for being sarcastic and a joker some of the time.

B) He was probably drunk.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

jesus... i hate anticipation... every single person has their own idea of what they mean

the damn machine shop mixtape needs to be released, hopefully containing one of their new songs to settle all this discussion

I can't effing TAKE IT! I need new linkin park!

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Lol,ya Raj you got 2 realy good reasons why and im sure that what Linkin park makes it can't turn out that bad,cause it seems like everything lp had done i liked..hybrid theory EP(liked it) reanimation(liked it) meteora(liked it) Collision course(liked it) The Rising tied (rap but still i liked it) and the new cd..well theres probbably a good chance that i'l (like it)

LProx4life

LProx4life Well-Known Member

I think you people are thinking too much give it a break come on no one can judge something that they haven't even herd yet.
    I think all of us should just wait untill the album comes out and then u can all put your opinions.

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

I trust mike shinoda, And I trust chester bennington.
    I trust LP to make the best album they can for their fans.
    I do believe thats the kind of commitment they have (at least mike), You can back that up with various quotes i think.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Yeah, I agree. I think the new LP record will be amazing because they have never let me down before. I mean...It seemed like alot of people had something against Meteora, but I thought that the album was amazing. I dunno...I just dont see them letting me down.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

None of this really matters anyway. The way one person describes a sound can be completely different to what somebody else thinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.