New Apple Products as well as Orogami speculation.

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Aaron, Mar 1, 2006.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Oh man, the irony. Mixing an Apple announcement with a Microsoft announcement. :lol:

I expected more from Apple, I mean, the Hi-Fi isn't that impressive to me [as I have no use for it, really], the case is just plain stupid. The only good that came out of that annoucement was the Intel Mac Mini. Otherwise it was stupid.

I mean, $100 for a fucking leather case. Get outta here.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Intel mini: Meh. Integrated graphics suck
    iPod HiFi: Double meh. Way too overpriced. You can buy a headphone to RCA cable from radioshack for 5 bucks and connect your iPod to your stereo.
    Case: WHAT THE FUCK. For 100 bucks, Steve Jobs better personally kill the cow and make the case.

Justin

Justin See you there

how much faster are the new Mac Minis compared to the old ones?

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

LMFAO.

Aaron

4x faster.

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

i hear that most of those origami projects are just prototypes, but things will look very similar if they decide to take it a step further

Aaron

we'll find out more on the Origami project and what it is exactly tomorrow.

Pilkington

Pilkington Well-Known Member

The cases are of little interest, they'll get people buying because it'll seem high-quality due to the price though. Quite frankly, a silicon case is cheaper, and I've found better solution to a leather one. It really is useful being able to use the controls without taking it out.
    On a speculative basis the ipod HiFi is a very, very promising product. This version is lacking in features, but I see it as Apple taking tentative steps in a new direction. In this case you should look at the future development of the product. One direction this could take is integrated wireless. When the iPod goes wireless that opens up many, many potentialities. Link up your iPod to an entire rooms speaker system, no need for cables, cleaner, and far simpler. Then there's another opening. If Apple move into the home entertainment system fully then that unit can link up with these, and this becomes a very desirable product. Yes, there'll always be a cheaper way, like using cables, but a wireless set-up like that in terms of convenience & aesthetics shouldn't be underestimated. I know if they look into this I'd be lining up to buy it, once my bank allowed me. :p
    But no, I wouldn't buy what they're selling now, quite happy with my AV cable>5.1 system.

Mac Mini I'm divided upon...the extra HDD space and slightly faster chip are attractive in the low-end, but integrated graphics are a major turn-off. Assuming you won't be playing heavy 3d games though, the Core Duo is a really nice base option. Front Row's upgrades are interesting too.
    Roll on Intel iBook/MacBooks, and whatever April 1st brings!

Aaron

The MacBook is here. The only update you will see to that line will be a 17" version which should be out by June. I highly doubt they will have that released on April 1st. I'm with most people who predict a T.V. or an iBook update. I wouldn't expect a PowerMac update for a long time yet, that thing is still a powerhouse but probably would run much better on two Intel Core Duo chips.

Some people are predicting an iPod update too. I wouldn't put it past Jobs to put an updated version with possible wireless or a limited edition version.

Todd

No chance in hell the PowerMac is getting a Core Duo chip. It'll get one of Intel's higher end chips, and most likely a 64 bit one

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Dear Apple,

Upgrade my fucking iBooks already.

Love,
    Branden.

dudeman_OG

dudeman_OG Well-Known Member

I think the origami is too clunky, too boxy, but it kinda needs to be if it's gonna have all that. As for apple, No offense anyone, but APPLE IS STUPID. PCs actually have two mouse buttons, I mean come on, more is better.

Aaron

You'll fidn out more about Origami on the 9th.

as for dudeman_OG, click here. not to mention with the Mac mini, it is compatible with just about all mice.

Todd

Oh my fucking god. Do your fucking research before you bash Apple. I have a Mac and I have a Logitech mouse that has 8 mouse buttons, and guess what, all of them work and are programmed to do something.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Pass me my fucking shotgun, Todd. *shakes head*

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

:lol:

Branden

AppleInsider reports that Apple will hold a media event in conjunction with its 30th anniversary on April 1, but that the date of the event may be just before or after April 1st since the day is a Saturday. Sources are almost certain the event will play host to a new line of 13-inch widescreen consumer iBook notebooks based on Intel microprocessors. Additional announcements such as a high-end 17-inch MacBook Pro and a high-profile iPod-related product may also be in the cards.

MacRumors.com had better be right. Or else.
    I'm 40% to my savings goal.

[EDIT] I forgot this.
    :kicking::eek:hmy::blush::lol::hug::teehee::thumbsup::bounce:(w00t)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
    Aaron

Haha, Branden, that's the oldest news I've ever read. New to a lot of people, but if you read up on the rumours or watch the conferences this is old. They've been speculating an iBook release on April the 1st for months now, not to mention Steve Jobs decared that Apple's 30th will be on that day.

Persoanlly, I dont' think the 17" MacBook will be released at this conference. They're having trouble as it is trying to meet the supply and demand for the 15".

As for the iPod, what conference has there been in the past two years that hasnt' included soemthing to do with the iPod?

Branden

Let me bask in my glory, dammit.:cry: