New BURN IT DOWN Clip featuring Mike Rapping

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Mix

2. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

There you go, you said it yourself. People are lamenting the poppyness because their last album seemed like a glimmer of hope that they were going to start moving away from pop music. To see them step back into it is a bit disappointing.

Think of it like an amusement park. Pop music is easily accessible, short, and catchy; anyone can get into it. It's like a ferris wheel. Then, Linkin Park makes a less pop, more experimental conceptual album, that not any casual fan of music could get into. Call it a roller coaster.

Why would I want to ride this roller coaster a bunch of times, only to be told I have to go back on the ferris wheel now? It shouldn't "amaze" you that that would be disappointing.

Yes, I do know what shallow is. I didn't say Burn It Down specifically is shallow, because I haven't heard the whole thing and really have no fucking clue what the song is like in its full context.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Joe wins this thread. And all other future threads.

Joe = ∞ win.

4. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Agreed wholeheartedly. The only non-mainstream sounding stuff came from ATS and possibly a couple songs on Hybrid Theory. As well as most of the Hybrid Theory demos lyrically.

And I'm so sick of the "pop" label. Pop can be anything a wide audience can at anytime accept as "good" music. This is entirely subjective. The Beatles were pop music. So was N*SYNC. So was/is Metallica. So was/is Red Hot Chili Peppers. So was System of a Down. So fucking what.

We like what we like. Why do we care if it's "popular" or not? Because we want to have our own clique and be musical elitists? I'll argue all day on whether I think it sounds good, but who cares what label it can be given?

5. I still really like the snippets. It's just that there's nothing so breathtakingly new on it. It's the same chord progression as the catalyst, simple lyrics, etc. Yeah, it has a new style, but it's not somehting I can really get my heart into. that's why I LOVED ATS, because it was nothing from commercial.

Nono, I'm not saying I want them to go back to Hybrid Theory and Meteora I'd never want that. I honestly don't think BID is that fresh, but that's just a subjective opinion.

And I'm a human being too, and as a fan, I have full rights to criticise their songs. It's all subjective opinion. If people love the snippets, great for them! But I'm not really digging it as much as I'd like to.

6. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I DUN NO why people don't like this :( I love mikes voice, its old school. I love Chesters lines, there seems to be some force and power behind his lyrics, I love the chorus' electronic hooks and I love the nintendo noises behind mikes verse. ITS JUST AWSUM!

7. hybridsoldier1989

If you think "Iridescent" was not "commercial," I don't know what to think. Not everything on ATS was a giant leap forward. Just like probably not everything on this album will be. They usually put out songs that connect from one album to the next. That's normal. To get the older fans excited and ready to hear something new on the next album that might not be a single.

8. Derek

You definitely presented your point well, and I can understand why a song like this would disappoint you after ATS was so out of left field, but the fact is...even if this album sounds "familiar" it really doesn't mean that this is the direction the band is going. If you haven't noticed, the band hasn't exactly stood still since Minutes To Midnight. I remember the band saying back during MTM that they've "found their sound" and that the albums will be coming out quicker, and then ATS came about and the band completely tore down all expectations as to what they're supposed to sound like. Now with this album they're taking all the best parts of their sound to make a combo sound, which in theory will make this album more mainstream, but who's not to say come album #6 they wont completely throw a curveball again? The band is always changing.

9. PIFRESH

PIFRESH Well-Known Member

its funny when people ask me whats genre is Linkin park i tell them Linkin Park is Linkin Park they are everything there a very unique talented band who isn't scared to take a risk and im proud of them for that im very happy every album didn't sound the same im very happy from what i hear from BID its so unique cant wait to hear the whole song Monday and the New Album when it comes out :headbang:

10. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This is what I'm hoping for. Take a quick break with album 5 to say "hey, this is Linkin Park up to this point." and then get right back to experimenting on the next one.

11. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

On monday I will jizz all over this website! It HAPPINESS!

12. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

*DEAD* :lol:

13. hybridsoldier1989

14. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

I totally feel you man.

15. I'm talking about the album as a whole. I'm not picking on certain songs, because Iridescent and (partially) Burning in the Skies had more of a commercial format.

16. Derek

I personally don't want them to ever sound the same between two albums again. I don't care if this means one album they sound electronic, while the next one is more hip-hop...I just want them to keep trying new things.

17. Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

18. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

"You told me 'YES!' you held me high"

Daniel Bryan's favorite rap verse of 2012. Book it. :lol: MONDAY, GET OVER HERE ALREADY. I HAVE MY SCHOOL ALARM SET FOR JUST THIS ONE SONG.

19. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Active Member

Metallica and System of a Down are POP bands? Are you shitting me? Really bad attempt at trolling.

I think the melody of Burn it Down is so far really good and looking back at Meteora, it could have easily come from that album as one of the singles. The atmosphere makes it way more engaging that "What I've Done" from MTM and the melody is of course better to my ears.

Let's not forget that there were some strange experimental songs on ATS. This song sounds like a good opener for another interesting album.

20. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Sounds good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.