New Coldplay Tour Announcement

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The_Cool_Cow, Mar 13, 2009.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The Coldplay We Like To Overcharge Our Fans For Tickets Tour, coming to a town near you this summer.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

$114 is too much for GA for any band. Prices are way too steep this year.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I paid $140.

Though that was Australian $, but still...

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

I made a rash decision and paid $266 for 2 seats in the pit. I figured if it were that or paying $133 (1/2) for 2 seats on the lawn... i might as well just spend the money, because if i were on the lawn i'd be annoyed the whole time by my view and id just keep thinking about the $133, but i dont think I will regret the pit as much.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

I positively can't stand Coldplay, but even looking at it from an objective viewpoint, that is way too much for GA for just about any band. The only ones I could even possibly justify that kind of price (and note I don't like these bands either) would be someone like Led Zep, the Stones et cetera.

Even Iron Maiden's tickets weren't this expensive, and they also played stadiums, with massive, moving stage sets, pyro and more.

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

well i mean, you also have to look at the venu pricing too. The tickets were only 95 total for up front seats, 35 for GA, which isnt bad at all and thats the only money that actually goes even close to the band. All the extra money is then what the venu likes to tack on and be rediculas with... venu fee, concert tax, federal tax, etc, after all those stupid fees you end up with an unfair price. But if you look at it from the perspective of the actual cost, it actually isn't horrible persay. If the band is charging 35 bucks for the show, then the label is gonna take some of that, the tour organizer will take some, etc.

I'm not justifying it at all, just saying you have to look closely at where the money is going before calling one person out on it. I honestly think the venues deserve the most blame for thinking its ok to add about 30 bucks in fees to a ticket.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

^ At the local show, the GA were $100 and so were all floor seats 100s seats and 200 seats. Bit of a rip off.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

That's true, but my point was bands like Iron Maiden, Muse and such, can play in the same stadium venues, with larger, more expensive stage sets, and their tickets are the same price/cheaper.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Yeah Maiden were $110 for me.

Linkin Park, who I think are a fairly equivalent band to Coldplay in terms of popularity, legacy and their time period and such were only $100.

So yes, they overcharge and it isn't right.