New Itunes + Ipods

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by barnes80, Sep 3, 2010.

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

Itunes 10 came out this week. I'm installing it right now to see what the changes are but from what I've read the only main change is the new social network Ping. It's basically a last.fm type system directly through iTunes, which actually sounds like a great, although obviously not original idea.

There are also new versions of the ipods coming out. The Nano seems to be taking a complete revamp in design. Its now a tiny touch screen with no scroll wheel, no camera, etc. The shuffle seems to be going back a generation or so as it added a lot of the buttons back on. The touch looks physically about the same but has 2 cameras and some new features.

This all sounds great, but what is really angering me is that there is no update to the classic. I mean don't get me wrong, the touch really is a cool gadget but i don't really want to carry anything that large around with me on a daily basis. Plus I really prefer the scroll wheel, which previously was ipods signature trait but seems to be dissapearing in favor of touch. Nor is there an ipod with a "large" capacity. The new Nano maxes out at 16gb, and the new Touch maxes out at 64gb. Right now I am a original classic owner. 80gb. And its full with more in my itunes I'd like to sync over. Call me over obsessive or whatever, but I really love having my entire library in my pocket or hooked up in my car to listen to. I'd hate to have to exclude a large portion of my music and then all the sudden desire to listen to something I excluded.

They are still selling the now 160gb classic, but why no update??

Anyone else trying out the new itunes? Got a ping set up? Planning on getting one of the new ipods?

EDIT
    First thought after installing itunes 10? Wow that icon looks like a 3rd grader made it... why change something that always looked great to something so cheesy and uninspired?

They added a 4th viewing option but it really isn't anything new. It's just list view with an old option turned on. I guess it will make things easier for people who didn't know where to look for things before.

It has crashed twice on me now :/ doesn't to be very stable...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

iTunes 10 is still going to need a few updates before it is perfect (like with most applications out there), however, it seems to be running faster and smoother than iTunes 9. As for the icon, it doesn't necessarily bother me, but its not bad. It really kinda pissed me off that they announced a new iPod line only 4 DAYS after i ordered my current iPod Nano, since I could have gotten it for cheaper, but shit happens I guess :shrug:

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

meh, i set up the ping system and its not really at all what I thought it was. It really only applies to the itunes store, which I never use.

I restarted my computer which seems to have stopped the crashes. My only real issue with it now is that I can't seem to adjust the size of the album art in list view. Album art used to be a separate column that you could hide, or if you adjusted its width it would make the art smaller or larger. Now it all seems to be merged together into one column. I can set it to default values of large, medium, or small, but even the large seems to small for me...

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm gonna get the new Touch when it comes out. Anyone have any ideas as to when they are gonna be in stores? :)

Edit: They're out already?

Fucking on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2010