New Linkin Park CD to Be Different, More Organic

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

yes that part was amazing..

and i agree with everyone.. theres nothing wrong with Brads riffs but i just think after 2 albums its time to step it up a bit.. do more stuff like the intro to A Place for My Head or the bridge in And One :D.. if not that then go for more crazy riffs like he did in Lying From You..

Also i wouldnt mind actually hearing some bass in their songs without having to concerntrate on it just to notice it..

most importantly i want to hear really good improved lyrics.. as a poet myself i like hearing well written songs..

oh and one more thing...

i wants more live strings :D :D :D :D :D... heheheheheh i wanna see LP play with an orchestra one day

lol ima greedy fan :blush:

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Exactly, thats all we can do for now.

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

This is good news...although I've always enjoyed LP's electronic/hip hop side more than the 'metal' aspect. I'm always excited with changes. Obviously they aren't going to eliminate everything that's electronic in nature (no one's suggested that yet, but I thought I'd say it anyway). I remember soon after BTH was released Brad (or one of the guys) said that they wanted the next album to be more like BTH, and that they wanted to do something different.
    I also remember a comment from Chester, during the Meteora world tour (or whatever it was called) that they were actually getting a little sick of playing the meteora songs (the meteora haters loved that! haha).

So to sum up, I'm really excited and I have a feeling we will get some really unique this time, I love Meteora but it does have one too many similarities to HT (I also believe that had something to do with Don Gilmore)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

yup lol

tremulant

i agree but i dont mind if they keep the Mike-Chester-back-and-forth-thingy they did in By Myself and Fugure.09

i found it kind of an LP signature

thatrsdude

thatrsdude Well-Known Member

So all the songs will be like Breaking The Habit eh? So no more rap/metal songs then? Just sissy weird shit. OK...

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

This really great news, and best of luck to the LP boys B)

tremulant

So all the songs will be like Breaking The Habit eh? So no more rap/metal songs then? Just sissy weird shit. OK... [/b][/quote]
    sissy wierd shit? :eek:

BTH is an awesome song.. its the most unique track on the album and the video is amazing.. but thats my opinion

and i think you're looking way too into it

the production and angle of creativity was different when they approached that song.. its something Mike had wanted to do for 5 years so they took it differently than the rest of the album (getting live strings and the like)...

They want to take on their new album the way they took Breaking the Habit.. it doesnt mean that there will be no more rap/metal songs.. its silly to think that when reading the interview

"that maintains our style"

their style is the blending of genres (soldier with wings) so there will be alot more of that.. just, with LP on their 3rd album they are trying to get down to the intricate details of their music and perfect or change what they think needs done.. and (whether you like it or not) the band is very proud of the process and detail they went into BTH so thats the direction they are heading..

thats all they meant ^_^

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So all the songs will be like Breaking The Habit eh? So no more rap/metal songs then? Just sissy weird shit. OK... [/b][/quote]
    Yay for ignorant posts!

Brad said the songs would be based off of the creativity of Breaking The Habit, not the sound. And it's obvious they changed that cause now they're going for more of an organic feel.

And I hate to break it to you? Most of Meteora was sissy shit, that's why nearly nobody liked it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yay for ignorant posts!

Brad said the songs would be based off of the creativity of Breaking The Habit, not the sound. And it's obvious they changed that cause now they're going for more of an organic feel.

And I hate to break it to you? Most of Meteora was sissy shit, that's why nearly nobody liked it. [/b][/quote]
    Define 'sissy shit'.

Derek

Define 'sissy shit'. [/b][/quote]
    Well, I felt a few of Meteora's lyrics to kinda be...whiny or childish? lol.

I love it when Chester's angry but they seriously would benefit in dropping the 13 year old angst on their third record, in place of a more mature approach on things.

lphybridsoldier1

lphybridsoldier1 New Member

honestly i agree with most everyone here. this is great news. i really hope they go back to their roots . i REALLY wanna hear linkin park rip it up again, like old days. i wanna hear more rage, not hate though, and less " whiney vocals" that you hear mostly because of that so called "producer" Don Gilmore. I wanna hear Mike throw in some fast feirce agressive raps. i wanna hear chester wail and growl with still maintaing his voice . i wanna see joe throw in some funky hardcore scratches with less button pressing and artificial sounding effects. rob is a great drummer, and hes really kept his part. i too, want to be able to hear some good bass stuff without 'trying' to listen for it. most of all, being a guitarist myself, i want brad to show up all these people from guitar world and all over guitar forums on the net. they are obviously right at the moment , brad hasnt done anything but 3 drop tuning power chords in nearly every song. but i want brad to step up his game entirely. i actually want to see his fingers move, rather than his hands just barley. i want some fast picking, trem picking, i want to see his hands moving, appregiating and some new techniques,bending harmonics.... maybe even some crazy fast legato!!!( haha just kidding i doubt that)and i also want to see him bust out an all ibanez line that would be sweet. all in all sweet for linkin park. i really want them to be on top with my other favorite bands right now again as they used to be before the long break. im outa here sorry for the long post, just letting out some of my feelings, thanks

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I have a feeling there next album wont be anything speacial :( but thats just a feeling and i hope its wrong.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I honestly think LP should become a progressive metal band, a la Coheed and Cambria. Change the sound from song to song and from album to album, write things that catch you off guard. The first 2 Coheed and Cambria songs I heard were A Favor House Atlantic and Blood Red Summer, which were both kinda pop-punk/emo like. Then they turn around and release Welcome Home as a single, which is over 6 minutes long and has extended dueling guitar solos, an acoustic intro, an orchestra, and a mens choir at the end, all sounding very Led-Zeppelin like. This is what I want LP to do. Surprise people. They already know how to write songs that work, and they could always return to the tried and true Hybrid Theory/Meteora sound and still be successful. But they need to take more chances. Do a more old-school sounding rock-rap track, like Walk This Way by Aerosmith/Run DMC. Throw in some long instrumental intros to songs/breakdown sections in the middle. Joe gets his scratching solos all the time, Brad should throw a solo in somewhere. It wouldn't have to be anything really long or face-melting, but something to show Brad's skill and add flavor to the song. Phoenix and Rob could have a drum/bass interlude or intro to a song. For a band that supposedly comes from mixed backgrounds and mixes different styles of music, I want them to experiment more.

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

I dont think they'll every change to one whole style (eg: all metal) and frankly...I wouldnt want them too. The reason I love LP is becuase they mix genres. I'm sure a lot of people would be pissed if they went all hip-hop (enough 'hardcore' fans hated collision course...dont get me started on them, not everything has to be metal guys!) likewise if they went all metal, their hip-hop fans would leave them. Its a fine mix that they have to play right. But I'm confident that they can do it, and do it well....for the most part, they have so far ;)

thatrsdude

thatrsdude Well-Known Member

Yay for ignorant posts!

And I hate to break it to you? Most of Meteora was sissy shit, that's why nearly nobody liked it. [/b][/quote]
    Take it easy, dude. i was only kidding.

Derek

Take it easy, dude. i was only kidding. [/b][/quote]
    That's what the commonly used internet acronym "JK" is used for. It can prevent sarcastic comments from being taken seriously.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

To whoever suggested Linkin Park "become" a progressive metal band... keep dreaming.

That's like wanting Britney Spears to be trip-hop. It just won't happen, and isn't fuckin' likely.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

In order to be part of the staff on this site don't you have to at least have some interest in the band?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

In order to be part of the staff on this site don't you have to at least have some interest in the band? [/b][/quote]
    I don't know, I don't really care. My hopes of being a mod on this site were shot down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.