New LP Album Out By June 2010?

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

So anyways, your avatar and signature are full of win.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

In regards to whoever said they think LP might "pull a Muse and make a Black Holes & Revelations"... I don't even know what that means, first off. But secondly, do you mean they'll make another shitty album? :p I'm sure they can do that on their own, without trying to rip off Muse.

I want this to be everything Mike and Chester and Jesus and Siddhartha say it's going to be, but I'm just going to be let down, just like I was with the Dead by Sunrise album. I had a sound in my mind that I thought DBS would be like, and it was NOTHING like it. I hyped it up inside of my head way too much, and that's what everyone else is doing with this 4th LP album already.

Don't believe the hype.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

As long as people realise that most of the hype at this point is going to have came from themselves and not the band. Unless I've missed something, aside from Mike saying that they want the album to be "genre-busting" and Chester talking about how they started off with ideas for a huge concept but have since scaled it down, I haven't seen much of it coming from the actual members.
    The same thing happened with MTM - people were expecting a masterpiece and were let down, when from what I remember the sum of what the band said in the build-up to its release was that they were going to try things that were new for them, which is pretty much what we got. Maybe I just read different news articles to everyone else... but presuming that isn't the case it's kind of annoying at times how some people refuse to give the band any credit whatsoever when they talk about what they're working on, as if the band are being dishonest when all they're doing for the most part is speculate.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That's what I was trying to say the entire hype. I read what comes out, and I go, "Oh cool, at least they're working on something." but that's it. Everything else they say I take with a grain of salt, because if I get myself all giddy I'll just me let down.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Just because you had an idea and you were disappointed doesn't mean I was or hundreds of thousands of other people were as well. I actually think the DBS album is brilliant, so should I believe the hype?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Babali just drop it already. We get it. We understand you don't agree with the people who aren't excited for the album. You've made that point, and you said your thoughts. Now its time to let it go.

Just stop. You're going to create drama in this thread.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Sorry sorry, just annoyed with people who speak for everybody and are telling people to not to believe Linkin Park just because they think they understand what Linkin Park are doing based on their past, when they obviously don't if they were disappointed with DBS, which was an absolutely amazing record.

Also, my post to Casey wasn't disrespectful, I was just asking if I should believe the hype if I thought Out of Ashes was brilliant?
    According to his post, I guess so, and I think a lot of fans here also enjoyed the album and trust Linkin Park, so I just want to be the voice for them.

Also, I don't want to cause drama, but I don't think I've caused drama with the points I've raised. The ones who cause drama are the people who go in saying 'don't believe Linkin Park because they disappoint all the time' and all that nonsense on a fan board when people obviously love the band and have trust in them when they say things like this. They have been in the business for over 11 years now.

Derek

But you see, when you try to represent a group of people...often it can make you the target of undue criticism and cause confrontation when not needed.

Don't be a hero, just be yourself and represent yourself.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Yes, which I am, but trust me, there are those like me who really loved DBS and don't like hearing all the supposed longtime fans telling you you're gonna be disappointed when they have no better idea than I do.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

And we don't need all the other fans telling us it's going to be the best album ever made by anyone when they have no better idea than anyone else.

Dean

Someone said it was going to be the best album ever made by anyone?

Todd

No, but you know what I mean. Speculation by anyone, either positive or negative, is fine, but don't try to put down someone who's speculating when you know nothing more than them.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Quote me saying that it's going to be the best album ever made by anybody. Wow, it's so weird how I try to be kind and explain myself and I get attacked so stupidly.

Todd

It was a poor choice of words on my part, see my post directly above yours for clarification.

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I wasn't putting anybody down. I just said they don't know any better than I do and I disagree that you shouldn't believe the hype. I feel like they(LP) have a lot more clarity this time around, and I've said since the beginning that it's just my opinion, although I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.
    *shrug*
    The negativity was directed at me for daring to speak out against those people who always say 'don't believe the hype, Linkin Park always fails to provide' speak which is, in my opinion, complete nonsense that deserves to be pointed out. I believe I pointed it out in a way that was easy to understand and respect, but obviously others felt the need to attack and argue with me. I apologize for the pointless drama that ensued and I will take full responsibility.

Derek

Okay we really need to stop this. We're going around in circles. Can we just agree to disagree and move on?

As Monty Python used to say:

[youtube]l1YmS_VDvMY[/youtube]

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Alone on a forum with thousands of souls talking in ciiiiircles...

Sorry, ya, get on with it. Forget what I said I stopped believing the hype like two minutes ago anyway.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Ridiculous.

Dean

So guys, Linkin Park

20. TRANSLYDE

TRANSLYDE Well-Known Member

I don't think I was let down by MTM because of the hype, though I was sorta disappointed when it didn't sound "proggy" as advertised. I was let down by the album because Linkin Park meant something to me completely different from what I heard. In fact, there were moments when I thought to myself, "Since when was Linkin Park composed of the members of OneRepublic?" and similar incredulous statements.

I think as long as there's some sort of edge on this album (and I don't mean Chester screaming his guts out a la Given Up), I'll be happy. Or something electronic that doesn't sound synthy. I miss turntables dammit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.