New Rise Against Album 2014

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Alexrednex, Apr 14, 2014.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;FqQsZ8g8KHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqQsZ8g8KHQ[/video]
    WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE FIRST SINGLE`?

Rise Against announced that their new record The Black Market is coming July 15th.
    What are your thoughts on the band?
    What would you like this record to sound like?

I personally would love some longer songs with lots of build ups, breaks and solos(like their cover of a Bob Dylan song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At-YPyVW9R8)
    And of cause some amazing and thought provoking lyrics from the one and only Tim Mcilrath.

Some of the fans want them to go back to the more Hardcore-Punk style but i personally feel like they need to go in another direction if they want to stay relevant and interesting.
    But to be fair Endgame weren't so different from Appeal To Reason but still felt fresh and the instrumentals sounded crazier than ever.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

I love Rise Against! Can't wait to hear their new record! I actually like their last three records most, unlike most Rise Against fans, but I really don't mind what kind of album they'll release this time. Haven't listened to them in like a year, gotta throw some Endgame in my playlist!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I like Rise Against, but I really didn't care for Endgame. I'm hoping we get something different from them with the upcoming album.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I think it's funny how every song heard in the video sounds like it could have been on the same album :lol:

Seriously, though, I like this band and some of their older albums, but I won't check this out unless they change their game a little bit.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I thought Endgame was great, I'm excited to hear whats next.

Alexrednex

I get your point but if you listen to songs from The Unraveling to Endgame you can see how their sound has changed a lot.
    I usually listen to the band for the lyrics and the GUITARZ, while I agree their sound can get a little redundant.
    I mean songs like Lantern sticks out from the other songs:
    [video=youtube;BJPI597v9Y4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJPI597v9Y4[/video]
    Maybe they should focus on more alternative elements.
    But (IMO) they are the greatest at what they do. I honestly don't feel like there is any better Punk rock bands out there today.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

They're good at it, that's for sure. And I don't blame them for not changing their sound much, there is no reasons for blaming a band who make the style of music they love.

Just that I don't feel like listening to a similar Rise Against album again, but that's just me :)

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Already saw that on Facebook!
    Count me in, I'm officially excited for new Linkin Park and Rise Against (seems to be a fantastic year concerning music releases!)

Endgame wasn't bad but for me it just didn't have that much of a lasting value. IMO lanterns was actually the best song on Endgame (and that was only a B-Side)
    I still like it, however it didn't grab me as much as their older stuff. (Unraveling, Revolutions, Siren Song, Sufferer)
    Revolutions per minute to this day is still one of my all time favorite albums!

I hope the new album has some rawer/heavier songs as well, which apparently could be the case:
    http://dyingscene.com/news/rise-against-on-new-album-fast-and-screamy/

It doesn't have to be all heavy, but a balance between heavier/hardcorish songs and one or two mellow ones would be great! (e.g. state of the union, tip the scales vs. swing life way, blood to bleed)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

This, basically.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

IN

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

2. Favorite Band after Linkin Park :clap:

So much exiting for the new album. I love all their albums , also "Endgame" was really good imo. This summer cant be better for new music :awesome:

SOme new SOngs like Give It all or The Good Left Undone would be totally :awesome:

chris2

Alexrednex

I love RA but this really seems like more of the same old sound.
    I was hoping they would had evolved a bit. Anyway I will listen to the album anyway and then I can judge.
    If the lyrics are amazing as always then I will probably end up loving the record anyway.

Michele

DAMN YES.

2 great Albums this summer for me to buy.

Hope for a tour after the release :worship:

chris2

Their new song "I don't wanna be here anymore" is up now on Itunes/Amazon/Google Play etc. ...
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/i-dont-want-to-be-here-anymore/id883735102

Sound's good, quite catchy, more along the lines of ATR/Endgame though. However I also get a little bit of a Sufferer vibe.
    But I hope there are some heavier/more hardcorish songs on the new album as well. I also would like them to spice things up and release something different/experimental/unexpected. Maybe another acoustic track, too.

Endgame was ok, but got a little bit repetitive after a while.

Michele

10402870_690459614355215_4055108491105819509_n.jpg
    10402424_10154234706050705_7711701222355611304_n.jpg

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

I like the Cover. And the Tracklist...well, it is a tracklist. I`m excited for the Album!

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Listened to their new single and it sounds exactly like everything else they've put out. I don't think I'll give this album a chance haha

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Rise Against are one of the bands I'd LOVE to see collab with LP one day. I reckon it would be epic. The guitar on "War" from THP makes me think of Rise Against

Michele

both are in November here in Germany. Coincidence?