New Rise Against Album 2014

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Alexrednex, Apr 14, 2014.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

After a few listens, it sort of makes me appreciate what Linkin Park do even more. lol

Rise Against have pretty much put out the same albums three (I still feel like TSATW is a bit different) times in a row now. The Black Market feels like a slightly softer version of Appeal to Reason and Endgame. That's not a bad thing, because I love the RA sound. However, they really don't have much experimentation between albums. Maybe I'm just used to the extreme changes LP make between albums, but The Black Market really didn't surprise me too much.

I liked the album. It wasn't mind-blowing, but it WAS classic Rise Against, so I can appreciate that. That said, People Live Here is a fantastic song. One of their best ever I'd say.

On the other hand, some songs just sound so generic for them, and slightly softer than normal. They just come off as boring.

OVERALL: One of their weaker albums, but still enjoyable. There's some good stuff going on, but most of it is too similar, yet not as aggressively executed.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Just listened to Rise Against's new album and I thought it was pretty fantastic. While some of the songs did sound generic, I don't know why but the sound of the album overall just provided a fresh feel for me. While Rise Against may not experiment quite to the level of Linkin Park, this new album I think displayed their ability to give their usual sound a a fresh feel. I like the way they approached this album overall. Its a softer feel but still in a aggressive fashion. Honestly, if Linkin Park were to take the approach Rise Against did with this album, I think something really magical can happen. The aggressive rock sound but with the Chester giving some awesome melodies that really get you hooked on the songs. I think the Black Market has some elements I think Linkin Park should have had in their album with most of it being the really awesome melodies we know Chester can provide.

UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

On first listen back when it first started streaming on iTunes, I wasn't big on it. I received my vinyl/CD pre-order a few days ago, and I love it now. Definitely a grower.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Listened to it full on Spotify, its nice :). I will definitly buy it soon or later.

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

Already per-ordered their new album at last minute on Best Buy's. My copy will probably come next week, but I'll be surprised if it was sooner than that.

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

I'm extremely intrested to see what The Black Market sells in comparison to The Hunting Party.

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

Rise Against popular punk rock band, first week sales: 50k... There last album which came out 2011... 86k.. The decline is normal The Hunting party didn't sell bad.

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

Finally got my copy after waiting for a bit more than a week and blasting to this album right now.