New Rock 104.1 To Play New ATS Tracks All Next Week

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I doubt it. The Catalyst radio edit is 4:40-ish, the longest of the other tracks don't have much on that.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I'm guessing the explicit tracks will be censored though. Lame.

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

This ruins the "ATS Experience/Journey".. so I'll probably wait until I have all songs.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I pretty much see this as the band/the label shitting on the faces of everyone who pre-ordered the album off LP.com. Ridiculous shipping, tax, and the pros are definitely less meaningful than ever now - "hear the album before anyone else!...after we let foreign radio stations play it though :D" I may sound bitter as hell but this is utter bullshit. I'm just as stoked as anyone to hear the songs before the album is out but I was kinda hoping it would be in such a way that would have made the fact that I spent $25 extra by getting it from LP.com and not Amazon worth it.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Except for the fact that no one ever said the pre-order people would hear the album before anyone else?

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Well I meant like you know the whole "preview clips before anyone else" and the "high quality album e-mailed on 9/14" which was later confirmed to be right at midnight (I think?). I think I read that on here. The point is by the time the full songs come our way in our e-mails in high quality, it's literally just a copy of the whole album and that, I guess, magic of listening to it in its Full Experience is gone. The band has stressed how much better it would be to listen to this album from front to back, yet the songs are 1) being played individually, 2) being played on foreign stations, and 3) not as special when the pre-order people check their e-mails at midnight and download the album to hear before everyone else goes into a Best Buy to buy it in 8-9 hours time. I love the band and the music and I'm just as hyped for ATS as anyone else, but pre ordering from them directly has now been my greatest regret in online purchasing history.

On another note, I doubt they'll be radio edits with The Catalyst being the longest song and its radio edit being 4:42 in length.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Simple solution - Don't listen to it in bits & pieces, no one is making you listen to them so just hold off until you have the album.

They also said that the songs work fine individually.

On the 14th right? Meanwhile people in Australia, Germany & Ireland have already bought the album in stores 4 days previous to that on the 10th. And days before even that there's the leak. You were never legally going to hear the album before anyone else.

Flooder

Flooder Active Member

I think I will skip these radio show plays of the new songs and wait for the real deal, meaning the release of the album. I wonder also, if those ppl who pre-ordered from linkinpark.com will get more songs from the ATS album before official release.

Fredyg

Fredyg Well-Known Member

I as well will wait until the album release. Although tempting, I still wouldn't listen to them even we get them via pre-orders.

lolnub

lolnub Member

Yeah, I'm going to wait. I kinda have this tradition with favorite bands. I'll only listen to 2 songs before the album is released/leaked. The Catalyst, and Wretches and Kings, I can wait a week with these 2, and then get the full-blown experience whenever it leaks or if it magically doesn't leak and I get the release.

Disturbeds album came out last week-ish. They released Another Way to Die, and Asylum. I listened to those, but then they released like 5 more o_O. So I was like fuck that, *gets leak 2 days later* *buys record 3 days later*

LPkillz

LPkillz Well-Known Member

I thought the whole band really really wanted all of their fans to listen to this album as a whole and since the radio is playing some of ATS it might ruin the journey as a whole and the first listen to the album as a whole. I'm definitely going to listen to the album when I get it and I would love to be surprised by each track and how the "journey" went. Lol I'm kind of afraid that if I listen to any of the already released tracks to much, I might ruin the experience for me when I finally get the album. Paranoid :p

Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

whats the deal with the "listening to the whole album thing" when you have your copy you listen to it as a whole, its not gonna ruin the whole fucking thing if you hear the songs in there individual form before the album release.

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I got the impression that the songs interlink, that there's a progression as you go through the album, but I could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.