New The Catalyst Preview on YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Ehhh. Reanimation was probably too heavy to be considered electronica.

Trust me look up some techno music. This is poppy yes but techno not so much.

2. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Oh I forgot differing opinions weren't allowed here. Any talk that isn't praising the band must make me a troll. / sarcasm

3. Vic

Vic No game no life

You crearly cannot identify any genre..

4. clay-end

clay-end Well-Known Member

u've got a point

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I think if I directed it, the camera would be in first person perspective looking at all these horrible things going on while at a big rave in a mansion that LP are performing in....like one of those videos that could only be played at night lol

I miss directing

6. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

?

7. The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

You want dance music?? please listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxYy-zTX4dk

Clearly, you have no idea what your talking about. Because i have never heard a LP song sound like this or anywhere near it. And clearly you dont know the difference.

8. clay-end

BEST VIDEO EVER!!!

9. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

Calling this techno reminds me of the kids who called Minutes to Midnight "emo". If you're calling this "techno", you need to study your terminology a little more. Or listen to a broader range of music.

10. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Was that really necessary? Calm down. You may have personal opinions of him from LPL, but you did not have to address them here. It's not that serious.

11. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

It's going to be like the Bleed It Out video except on drugs instead of backwards :p

12. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Wait for the breakdown when the elephant bends back that fucking trunk to rip out some nasty scratches. Yeeeeeaaah Boooi!

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I really think it's funny how people are freaking out about how this sounds nothing like the old Linkin Park, and going crazy about just how different it is. First of all, this is a 30 second clip of a almost 6 minute song. Not only that, but the band has stated on numerous occasions that the music was not going to be a MTM Part 2, or a continuation of any of their previous works. The band also said that they were going to go back to the Hybrid Theory mindset (not sound but mindset) of making risky music, and in all cases they've succeeded.

Everyone hated What I've Done when the 30 second chorus clips came out, and now it's one of their most popular songs and was featured in a blockbuster movie.

So just wait a week before saying it sounds like a fan remix. This might be scary, and it might not be the Linkin Park you're used to...but I advise you to listen to the whole thing before passing judgment.

14. Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

This album is either gonna be mind-blowingly incredible or it will be bad. I still can't tell which yet.

15. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

I really like this clip, actually. Can't wait for the full song!

16. clay-end

LMAO!!!....now tht would be legendary!!

17. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

God save us everyone
    Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?
    For the sins of our hand
    the sins of our tongue
    the sins of our father
    and the sins of our Mom? Drum? Rum?

But seriously i think it cuts off at 'and the sins of our...' becuase it's gonna change drastically for example 'in the amazing techno bit that we just heared - "-The sins of our tongue,
    the sins of our father
    and the sins of our" "Umm..." like a comedy kind of thing and cuts into a hard rocky song - possibly a rock kind of funny song...anyone with me? and with the music video picture leak with chester covered in paint it seemed like a comedy...

18. PFortyy

PFortyy Banned

I reckon it's the intro.. Then it'll gradually build up and be a lot heavier. I wasn't sure about it when I first listened.. After a few times I'm warming up to it. It's too hard to judge a 30 second clip.

19. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

...and just passed the 34 second marker a guitar riff breaks your face and a scream tears your years and Mike and Chester start singing duet ...and your mind gets blown :D

20. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Yes, but different, while definitely welcome, doesn't mean good. So yes, we're all happy that this clip is different, but many including me think it sounds very lacking in the "good" category.

While I think What I've Done is one of the best songs from Minutes To Midnight, I think we all know that just because a song is popular and/or in a blockbuster movie doesn't mean it's good at all.

Of course I'm waiting for the whole song to be released before passing judgment on the song as a whole. I'm just saying this 30 second clip, out of context, doesn't please my ears all that much until about the last 5-7 seconds, in which it becomes cool, but nothing really great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.