News From Kerrang! About The New Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

According to Kerrang! from a statement "via warner brothers" the release date is in fact the 24th of March. The news comes from this part of the article in Kerrang:

"Following up the 12 million selling Hybrid Theory was never going to be easy. And when earlier this year LP turntablist Joe said of his band's 2nd studio album "we're just trying to make it not suck", cynics were already sneering that the LA-based sextet couldn't handle the pressure. Having just applied the finishing touches to the album - they began recording with producer Don Gilmore in early 2002 - it seems that Linkin Park are more confident they'll be making doubters eat their words. As yet only one title has been confirmed, the strings-heavy 'Breaking the Habit' which co-vocalist Chester Bennington considers the best song the band have ever written - but expect major chart-bothering activity to commence in earnest in the Spring. Release date: 24th March via Warner."

However since Kerrang! is a magazine in the UK this looks like its going to be the 24th for the UK and the 25th for the US.

Although there is still nothing confirmed by Linkin Park, the words "via warner" suggest that this is indeed no lie. And with many popular and TRUSTED rock magazines saying the same thing, we thought we'd stick by our original news post that the 25th is release date for the US. If the date is different we will post an update immediately, till then the 25th of March looks legit for the day LP's new album hits stores.

Here is an image for you guys to use on forums you post on (it will only work when linked from our site).
    [​IMG]

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

the best song they've ever written? holy crap. i am so hyped up for this new album that it isn't funny. i can't wait to hear "breaking the habit".

i knew that kerrang had said the 24th of march, yet i didn't think of going to find the article to post it here, lol. i thought they had just said the album is coming out march 24th, and that's it. boy was i wrong, whoa.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Oh yeah. Now we see if we can all wait to hear the new album. All of us are probably saying we won't download the new songs, but the temptation is so great. But I'm still buying the new album supporting Linkin Park to music history. I'm stoked about the album.

GO LP! 25.03.03

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

if the album is available for download, all of you will see how hard it is not to listen to it :p

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

this is gonna be awesome!
    I dont know what i am going to do coz its probably not going to come out over here till about 2 weeks after you have all got it. so when it is released everywhere else i might download some songs and then listen to the rest when i get it.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

This is so true.
    Everybody is still gonna buy the album. And Linkin Park knows this.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Ill be buying it on release date, I might be able to get my hands on a copy of the CD earlier than that. Even if I have the MP3s, Im buying it

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Great idea! Everyone is thinking the same way.
    Myself included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.