NFL

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Erica, Sep 9, 2011.

1. jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

Plus, Manning looks better in Red & Gold. ;)

2. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

No no no orange would make anyone look good :p

3. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

No, he's going to Denver.

Yeah, players do look better in blue and orange, but not those ugly "modern" jerseys.

Brandon Marshall is no longer a person of interest in the NYC case. Thank Miami.

LOL Miami for blowing it on the two biggest free agent QBs and trading away your best player.

LOL SF for loading up on offense and failing to actually get someone to run it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  4. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

SUCK IT BITCHES!!!

5. jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

D:

6. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Ok Payton with with Broncos! Now lets focus on something else! :p lol

7. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Never!!! Fuck yeah!!! And after him we'll still have room for someone else. Maybe reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday. Oh this is so exciting!

Edit: apparently we're trying trade Tebow, so we are going to have a shit tone of money to spend

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  8. ernieball003

Try for a legit backup quarterback.

And San Fran is going to.... Colin Kaepernick?

9. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

They should totally go with kaepernick. I think he'll be really good

10. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Maybe Tim Tebow returns to his beloved Florida for a run with the Miami Dolphins? They have a history of running a wild cat offense, the pieces are there.

11. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm certain I read the Dolphins aren't interested in Tebow. In fact right now the only teams that've expressed interest in Tebow are the Packers, Jaguars and Patriots.

12. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Jacksonville would be a beautiful place for Tebow, since he DOES live there after all. My only concern is Tebow's dog, Bronco: How will it cope with a new name change? D:

I feel that Alex Smith should be fine on whatever team he signs with, just as long as he keeps up the success he had with the Harbaugh-Niners.

13. Will

Smith re-signed with the 49ers earlier tonight after he and Harbaugh had a talk.

14. ernieball003

[​IMG]

If Alex Smith plays the way he did last year he's going to be the one to hold the 49ers back from success. 49ers fans can blame Kyle Williams all they want, but he wasn't the guy throwing passes into the ground in OT. When the running game was abandoned and the game was put in Alex Smith's hands the Giants had unofficially won.

It's also nice to what it would've looked like had the Bears stuck with Sexy Rexy.

15. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Tebow is now a Jet.....hope he don't crash!

As for Saints......................no comments!*SIGHS*

16. Will

You're right, but Harbaugh designed the offense so Smith wouldn't be doing too much with the football; that's why Smith had such a successful (by all accounts) season. Harbaugh didn't prepare Smith to actually win a game with the ball in his hands when it mattered, and I'm sure they're going to address that this offseason to avoid the same situation again.

17. Will

The Saints deserve their punishment. What they did was absolutely inexcusable and I hope this sets them back for a long time. I loved the Saints winning the Super Bowl a couple years ago but now all I can think about is this scandal tainting what the incomparable Drew Brees was able to accomplish.

As for Tebow there's a snag in the trade currently (the Broncos inexplicably want $5 million) so he's not a Jet officially.

-edit-
    Now it's been officially confirmed that Tebow's going to New York. He's going to get destroyed by the media there. He better have his pacifier.

-edit2-
    I saw a funny picture that showed Tebow "Tebowing" and the captain was something along the lines of how the Broncos sacrificed a virgin to win the Super Bowl. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  18. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lmao @edit #2

I'm really kind of torn with Tebow going. At first I was like "good, fuck him. he has no future." And then I realized just how much I had emotionally invested I was with the whole thing. I mean for the first time in a couple years I was obsessed with football again. It's weird how a complete stranger can have that sort of effect on you

19. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Sanchez sucks and Tebow sucks, but at least Tebow could win with some of the worst talent in the league that was on Denver. If he did all that crazy stuff with Denver, who knows what he could do with the Jets. The Jets need a leader and someone who has that drive and clutch gene. Sanchez has neither. It'd be sweet if they shipped Sanchez somewhere and let Tebow take over.

I see no other reason to even acquire him unless they plan on having him be a big part of their team.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  20. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Why the hell aren't the Packers signing anybody? They are not going to go back to the Super Bowl with their current defense.