No Meet And Greet in Argentina ?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by maik_gianino, Oct 3, 2010.

maik_gianino

maik_gianino Well-Known Member

I really don't get this, I haven't seen anywhere if there's going to be a M&G, i'm just assuming there won't be one, because after all, we are 4 days away from the concert, even if we actually have one it's pretty infomal to announce it so close to the concert right?

10 years, that's right, 10 years people (like me) have waited to see them and some people bought the LPU just to see them, or at least have the chance to see one third of the band and have a chat, I really don't have a reason to why there isn't one, but I would love to know, especially when there's a contest on MTV that gives 2 people the chance to meet them (YAY!).

I'm wondering, is this a joke? This doesn't make sense, not business wise and it really doesn't cater the fanbase that are wasting their hard-earned money on false hopes.

mtvla.com contest

I know that is my second post, sorry for being inactive in the forums.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Well, the only thing to really add to this is if you haven't looked already, check LPU for the tour dates. Normally, if I remember, where there's tour dates, there's some sort of section next to them that lists M&Gs.

The only other bit of info I can give you is NEVER, never get your hopes up with LPU. LOL I know the boxes say 'chance to get into meet and greets' but that chance is like SLIM to none, it's all about pure luck getting into one of those. It also helps if your show really didn't have a ton of LP fans that where LPU members. (E.X. I'm in the Northeast, We had 300 people sign up for M&G at MSG. About 50-75 where probably actually chosen) LPU does do it's part by getting you at least $10 cheaper tix, shoelaces and a CD (pretty much the only reason why I got it when I was in it).

Don't forget times have changed. Drastically. This isn't the same world it was 5 or so years ago so who knows.

--RS

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, there is a section on the LPU site to where you can go to post that you are going and that is how they can chose who goes to the M&G. It's all random though, and as Schen pointed out, it's a pretty slim chance to get in, unless only a few Argentinians are in the LPU to begin with.

maik_gianino

maik_gianino Well-Known Member

I know guys, but im not talking about chances.
    Im talking about of the Chance to meet the band, that is different.
    Im still waiting the confirmation from LPU, we don't know yet if we will have a M&G with Linkin Park, im not talking about the chance to know the band im talking about if we will have Meet And Greet or not...

Btw, im from Uruguay, is near to Argentina is like New York and New Jersey...

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

So did you get picked?