No More Sorrow.....Anti-War Anthem?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jacen, May 1, 2007.

Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

I believe that this song would make a perfect anti-war/government anthem...
    It talks about:
    Goverment lies
    Government cover-up
    Military/Government abusing their power
    Ect.

What are your thoughts about No More Sorrow being an Anti-War Anthem?

Last edited: May 2, 2007
    Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

well i havent read into the lyrics at all really or heard any clips as yet, but i think its a really good direction LP are heading if they do sendpolital messages out through their songs.they generally have been quiet and conservative on the whole controversy front.i guess now they feel they have got the confidence to voice what they feel to the public about certain issues.so i guess if they say something half decent to do with politics, then they could run for president??cos more people listen to them then george bush lol

kittycat

kittycat Well-Known Member

I agree with you. It definitely sounds like an anti-war song. And a lot of people are already guessing that it is an anti-Bush song. However, maybe it refers to something completely different.

:lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

funny ... i proclaimed that "no more sorrow" was an anti-government anthem and that it sounded more like U2 than "what i've done" did - and i said it several times before i found this thread. :D

Last edited: May 2, 2007
    marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

It's just not like them...in my opinion. I never hoped nor wanted them to loose that kind of "virginity". Ok, their music matured with them, but this is just unnecessary.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I honestly love this song. The lyrics are great in my opinion. Plus the guitar and drums rule.

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

This song doesn't just have to be about Bush, it can be about any Person who has abused their power in any country. Blair for example, Saddam, Hitler.. Any Famous Politician as a matter of fact :) Just so happens that it has come out with the whole Iraq war fiasco.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This has already been covered in Linkin Park Vs. George Bush in Serious Chat. There is no need for a second thread about this.

DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

I don't mean to offend you Derek, but I'm going to disagree. If the thread about which you are speaking of, "Linkin Park Vs. George Bush," is actually on-topic, then this thread is absolutely necessary.

This discussion is basically like what Miaz commented on. Linkin Park songs usually have different meanings, and this could be one of them. Maybe the song is about someone other than Bush. Why say this topic is unnecessary?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Point taken. I suppose I'll let this thread stay open since its not exactly about Bush.

imwhoim01

imwhoim01 Active Member

The song is great. One of my favorites at the moment. Lyrics are excellent and even the drums at the beginning sound like marching so it definitely sounds like and anti war anthem to me.
    Cant wait to hear the studio version and the drums in the beginning... :)